What's new
What's new

Hendey shaper

Chris W

Cast Iron
I'm looking for a manual for a 12" Hendey shaper. I've tried Tony's site and machinerymanuals.com and also posted on the Yahoo shaper group with no luck. Just thought I'd try here!
Thanks, Chris

Chris I also have a Hendey 12" Shaper that I am in need of a parts and/or operators manual.If you have had any luck finding anything,please let me know,as I would like to inquire about copies of same.If not,I will continue looking,and drop you a line.Thanks,Jim.

Hi Guys,
I to have a Hendey 1940 with universal table. If you go to
[email protected] join and ther is a very nice PDF file of an original Catalogue.
As far as a manual goes I have not heard of one , there is a parts book avalable from ABLE Equipment i think for 6 pints of blood but it is not an operating manual from what i understand.
If you locate something other than the cat. please let me know,i would be willing to dhare expenses. mac________

Hi Mac and Jim,
What are the serial numbers on your shapers? Mine is 1750 and I'm trying to get an idea of its age. I called AAble Machinery a while back but never got a reply. As near as I can tell, there are about six of us with these shapers who lurk about on the net. Maybe we could get a group copy of the parts book and pass it around.
Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris ,
My serial no is 2932, My understanding is this is around 1938 to 40 as a referance my unit looks just like the direct motor drive pic in the Hendey cat on Metal Shaper Group.
mac

Hi You guys should take a look at hillsgun.com he has a listing for Hendy Shaper manual. I have used him for other things,very fast service.

Back