What's new
What's new

Info on Kempsmith milling machines??????

Jackal-737

Plastic
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get information on old Kempsmith milling machines besides their website? Thanks in advance.

Tony

Wow, they have a website ?? I thought Kempsmith went out of business half a century ago ! The first horizontal mill I owned was an old Kempsmith. Brown and Sharp taper seized in the spindle...never did get that arbor out...sold it to a farmer who ended up having to remove the whole spindle and place the whole deal in a 75 ton press to remove the arbor
eek.gif

Kempsmith is still very much in business, they recently bought the Doestal and Lowry company. D an L make bottling machinery. I live in Berkeley Springs, WV where water from the spring is sold by at least three separate companies.

The plant next door installed a new D and L machne with a PLC comtroller. I kow for a fact that PLC controllers don't like West Virginia at all.

Much Trouble, much downtime.

Geez, all they want to do is fill up a 5 gallon jug and put a little blue Puck on the top. Why does it take a computer to do it?

Oh, well, I hope Kempsmith does all right. It seems that they can still get along out there in Wisconsin.

They are doing well just to be in the machinery business and not close.

You might have to call Kempsmith, they might have some information still in their files.

This is the kind of thing you have to talk to a real person about - there are some serious limitations to communicating over The Web.

Jim Kizale

Sorry for stirring up a topic that's several months old, but what did Kempsmith have to say?

I'm curious becuase I bought a Kempsmith #2 plain horizontal mill a couple weeks ago. It's in the shop, but not in place or wired yet.

I have the manuals and I have seen the Kempsmith web site, but I really haven't found any other info on it.

Back