What's new
What's new

Anyone here remember the Alliant mill sales pitch ?

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 3,701
D

D. Thomas

Some of you old timers might remember that the Alliant mill was created by ex Bridgeport dealers when they got PO'd at Bridgeport for dropping dealer networks and selling direct. I've got an Alliant for sale now, and was curious what the supposed advantages were over a Bridgeport for ~my~ sales pitch
wink.gif

I seem to recall something about better quill bearings and such, but can't remember anything else.

Nevermind, I just remembered I had an Alliant brochure in my files. If anyone is curious about the supposed improvements over a Bridgeport, I'll be glad to post.

Or if anyone has used an Alliant long term it would be interesting to hear how well it's held up compared to other Bridgeport copies.

That's interesting, as some of the touted improvements were "dynamically balanced motor", "bearing supported motor shaft" and a "unique one piece quill pinion and shaft unit with direct to quill lubrication system"

Class 7 spindle bearings, but I assume Bridgeport also used Class 7 ??

Tech school I attended had two Alliants. Nice mills, perhaps a bit smoother than our BP's but not by much. I used both many times and don't recall anything that would make me say either had the upper hand.

Saw an Alliant w/Servo powerfeed sell on eBay last year for $995, supposedly in normal used condition. I suspect they bring 10-20% less than BP version for some reason.

As far as smooth running, said school has just received an Acer. Man, that is one nice mill. Almost silent running at 1500!

Back