What's new
What's new

Looking for BP owner's manual

Excitable Boy

Hot Rolled
With so many BPs in the world, it seems like it would be easier to find an owner's manual for one. I've searched the net high and low and so far the only one I've found was nearly $100.00 from www.lathes.co.uk! Does anyone know of a ready source for this manual, or perhaps have a spare for sale?

I don't own a BP yet, but am in the hunt and feel like it would be good to have a manual for reference purposes.

John

John,

What type of manual are you looking for? For a mill, lathe or CNC?

I will be able to help you out if it is a mill manual. But I do need to know which one you are looking for.

Please give me a call at: (800)906-0012

Regards,
Dee

Take a look on eBay. I bought one from a guy who does scans of older manuals for about $10. The manual is for a 1940's - '50's vintage machine, but is OK for my needs.

I'll admit that I don't know the "lay of the land" since Hardinge took over the Bridgeport line, but A couple of years ago I just called up Bridgeport and ordered a brand new manual for around $30 plus another $10 or so for shipping. I am amazed that folks don't start with the factory and go from there. Same thing is true for Hardinge manuals. One thing kind of strange is that often the "factory" manuals they sell are photocopies and are of varying quality whereas if you buy a new machine you get the glossy pages with photographic quality pictures. If they have them to sell with new machines, you'd think they would sell them aftermarket. I am specifically referring to the Hardinge HLV-H manual that I bought knowing that the HLV-H is a current production machine. I understand photocopies may be as good as it gets for older machines. I have bought quite a few of the original (glossy pages, pictures, etc) manuals for my machines off ebay for comparabale prices to photocopied ones. Now of course the tend is to scan and sell CD's of the manuals and keep your original. I have some of those too.

John,
That 1964 Bridgeport Milling Machine Operators Manual from my previous post sold for $13.49 which was an excellent price. I've got that same manual plus the 60, 66, on up through the 98 manual and the earlier manuals had a lot of info not found in the later manuals.
Jim

Back