What's new
What's new

too specific topics?

jeffeosso

Hot Rolled
Hmmm, I am wodering if we shouldn't request a h/v mill forum, a lathe forum, a drilling and grinding forum, and an other?

jeffe

Seems to me that BP and Hardinge, although they are "one" now, are really light years apart.

Likely, a separate Hardinge lathe and mill forum, and a separate BP mill forum would make sense.

The Yahoo! Hardinge-Lathe group is very active, but it is rather intrusive, what with all the pop-ups, and the Yahoo! user interface is primitive compared to this forum.

I participate in both because the Yahoo! one has lots of good stuff on the early Hardinge lathes (TL, e.g.), although not much on the early Hardinge mills (TM, e.g.).

<the Yahoo! one has lots of good stuff on the early Hardinge lathes (TL, e.g.), although not much on the early Hardinge mills (TM, e.g.).

Peter,
Have you tried the yahoo Hardinge mill group. It's got a very good files section with lots of literature posted. <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hardinge-Mill/>

Jim

Peter,

I'm a member of a lot of yahoo groups, but I have each post e-mailed to me instead of using their web interface. That way, I don't have to deal with all of the pop-ups and advertising. Just a thought.

Take care,
Kory

Good idea, Kory.

The "traffic" on the Hardinge Yahoo! Groups (Lathe and Mill) seems to be reasoanbly low, and reasonably on-topic, so as to encourage e-mails for posts, rather than Yahoo!'s primitive, intrusive user interface.

Thanks!

Back