What's new
What's new

Cincinnati door interlock

ARB

Titanium
Has anyone found a way of defeating the door interlock switch and software on the newer Cinci Arrows with the 2100 control? We use to just leave the key in the door lock. We updated the software and now the control has to see the door open and close between each cycle. This is major pain in the ass when we are running the machine with the door open. I'm sure that we could do some magic with a plc and trick the machine into thinking that the door opened and closed. It would be better to find a simple solution.

ARB

I have a couple older arrows,( 1998 - 1995) and have not experienced this problem. Must be since Vickers ESD was sold to Siemens, or maybe just an "improvement". Anyway, one shop I know that runs Cincinnati installed a switch on the swinging touch screen panel that simulated/rep[laced the door switch. They used a 2 position rotary type selector switch, but I imagine you could use an estop style push button, so you just tag it each cycle before pressing the go button. I do feel the need to say that safety issues need to realised if this should be done, and you service technitions must turn a blind eye to this type of mod. Some operations on a vertical cannot be done with the door closed though.

Bump an old thread, because I can't stand pulling the stupid key every time I hit cycle start.

Anyone have an answer for this? The service guy says he has done it before, but wont do it now because of liablilty issue, which is completely understandable.

I guess if we slow the work down enough it will ALL go to China. We let people drive cars; but we can't let them make a part unless we save them from themselves.

I wonder how many products could be made if there were zero accidents?

I don't want anyone hurt either! REALLY! I don't!

But I think there needs to be some common sense applied when making machinery. The operator who's doing the work and foreman should have the last words on any safety concern. The one who should prevail would be the one who feels a bit more safety is necessary.

There have been accident cases in which "They" went right through the shop and held the manufacturer to blame. This was AFTER the shop had modified the machine to make the work easier and go faster. This was on punch press work. I guess the court would not have been happy until the manufacturer "WELDED" the ram of the press to it's column.

Any comments on this? I surely don't know the answers; but I believe we all need to be more responsible to the people involved.

Court cases just scare people. They don't actually solve a whole lot. My opinion.

Regards,

Stan-

Old!

I guess this puppy has moss growing on it.:D

I never did find this and quit looking.

I do agree though that the people on the front line need to at some level take care of themselves.

Heck I can run a chainsaw without a door interlock or Lexan guard.

Certainly people need not get hurt.

But we are big boys after all.;)

Its been awhile since i had to wright the string for the a2100 to ignore the switch but i think i went into the diagnostics software editor page (cant remember what cinci called it) and serched for the string that said [if interlock then goto # (some number)] and just put a [goto #] befor the string looking for the interlock. this made the string jump over the line looking for the switch. befor you start the editor you have to go into the service page and enter "world class" as the pass word (this is the master password from cinci). Be carefull though since this lets you modify anything in the control. If i can get around a cinci in the next couple of days ill try to find out what line it is and the software version. also in there you can change the max spindle rpm to 10k but just run it intermitantly unless you get a cheap chiller. the tapped holes are already in the spindle housing. bump up the droppsa oiler a couple of points too. i dont think they get enough oil at 8k much less 10k since i only have to add way oil once a year. once you bypass the switch youll find programs start faster also....

I guess if we slow the work down enough it will ALL go to China. We let people drive cars; but we can't let them make a part unless we save them from themselves.

I wonder how many products could be made if there were zero accidents?

I don't want anyone hurt either! REALLY! I don't!

But I think there needs to be some common sense applied when making machinery. The operator who's doing the work and foreman should have the last words on any safety concern. The one who should prevail would be the one who feels a bit more safety is necessary.

There have been accident cases in which "They" went right through the shop and held the manufacturer to blame. This was AFTER the shop had modified the machine to make the work easier and go faster. This was on punch press work. I guess the court would not have been happy until the manufacturer "WELDED" the ram of the press to it's column.

Any comments on this? I surely don't know the answers; but I believe we all need to be more responsible to the people involved.

Court cases just scare people. They don't actually solve a whole lot. My opinion.

Regards,

Stan-

Second that.

I have been thinking along the same lines of that first sentance all too long myself.

Yanks are so special - that we should all stay on the couch and git bed sores!

-----

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

I think the answer may lie in "lying to the machine" correctly. A couple of my analog 2100's have the door swtich completely wired out fo the loop. Int is place is a toggle switch on the monitor enclosure, but which could be mounted in a surface mount box by where the pendant hangs. flip the switch on and off, cycle start.

Back