What's new
What's new

SHOP MADE KNIFEMAKING MACHINES

GTC,

That is definately the first surface grinder I have ever seen that uses a sanding belt! Your shop is very clean, how do you control the dust from all of the grinding? -Mike

Those are some beautiful knives.

I am admiring your nice "crossbarred" windows...they look to be a solution that would allow daylight yet still offer some security.

I think I see them opened on one photo...must also be nice.

Gustavo,

Is that "Surface Sander" a custom made
machine? I have never seen one like that, did
you modify it yourself?

YES DUALKIT, I'VE MADE THIS SURFACE SANDER ONLY FOR MY KNIVES, IT IS NOT A MODIFIED PROJECT, IT'S A NEW ONE, IT'S NOT A COPY, AND DO A GREAT JOB.
BY THE WAY RIVERSIDE IS THE CITY OF BOB LOVELESS, ONE OF STEEL'S KINGS. DO YOU KNOW HIM?
THANKS
GTC

Gustavo,

It looks liek you've made several cool machines and a few nice knives too. In case you haven't found it yet, there's a great Knife forum with a popular shop section called Blade Forums. Loveless doesn't post there, but one of his good friends Mike Lovett does and he makes awesome Loveless style blades. There's a lot of other makers that post there as well and several of them are members there.

There's even a hot thread over there regarding the grinder you posted here. You can see it here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417006

Back