What's new
What's new

How much does it cost to build a 3000sq ft shop?

llf264

Cast Iron
I'm thinking about buying an industrial land site and just building a building. What does a bare walled, insulatated and roofed with heater and AC cost to build in Northern Central IL and how long does it take usually? I'll build out the interior walls myself.

Any ideas guys... it sounds cheaper than buying.

After you explore standard construction you
might want to consider a prefabed steel building.
I am sure in your parts you could get one on
a slab and erected with a driveway for around
$70,000, that's based off California prices
of about 2 years ago. You will have to add
AC\Heat, insulation and electrical yourself.
Best guess I can help you with,.........Bob

Also check with the local city or county
building department before buying any land,
they can be a big pain in the rear.

Sorry for the blank post, stupid newbie here.

I bought a prefab metal shop building in '02 and erected it on my property in Arkansas. Delivered price was $12K. It had insullation package but I had to buy rollup doors. Erection cost another $4K. Nearest guestimate was about $22K to make it habitable. I had very good luck with Heritage building systems out of North Little Rock.

Good luck with the project.

I would check into what is available in your area already built. We looked into building our 6000 sq ft building and it was almost twice as high as what we paid for the one we are in now. Just a thought.

[ 03-29-2007, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: VMC_Jeff ]

You might check into a Cleary pole building?
I have been pricing and figuring what will allow me some flexibility to add on later and so far they seem to be a decent deal. I am looking at 40X64X16eve eve height is my killer! $43000 with 8" concrete rebar reinforced floor I will be doing part of concrete myself and furnishing doors.
I love steel buildings though and if you can afford one they are nice!
Good luck!

Back