What's new

Jobless recovery segment on MacNeil Lehrer

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1,545
D

D. Thomas

Anyone else see this on tonights show ? The entire show featured machinists. Lots of scenes in machine shops, technical school machine shop and a plastic's manufacturer. Maybe the transcripts or video will be on line by tomorrow...

"Paul Solman of WGBH Boston reports on recent talk of a "jobless recovery" and how the economy looks to workers who lost their jobs in the manufacturing industry"

Well Don;

Hmmmmm.....Read the entire article and found it interesting. Where will the job growth be????

Spoke with a job shop owner today and he says things are picking up. At the bar, I Spoke with an employee at a CNC shop that has nothing, "0", "noda", nothing to do. The shop is shutting down for 2 weeks hoping for work to surface. The place I work has 2 divisions. The division I'm in is working unlimited overtime while the other division is dead in the water.

In Dekalb Co of Nothern Illinois we had 2 plant closings last month. There are not many manufacturing jobs left to loose in this area.

Jim

You can click on the audio link and ~hear~ the full TV broadcast...they may have left some out in the print copy...plus it's interesting to hear the tone of voice of the concerned and fustrated machinists.

Winchester, Virginia

Crown Cork and Seal plant that makes "closures" a.k.a. Poptops.

Pfffftt,

Monday

Don't know if the plant will re open

approx 780 out of work.

The following statements are my opinion and I firmly believe we better wake up or we will not beable to provide for our families much less retire.

Hire Americans first and always. Vote the jerks out of office that take foreign money and listen to their wish lists. Expose the greedy behaviors of Fortune 500 companies that outsource jobs to outside the USA while enjoying our Country's freedoms. America first and always is not just a saying it is the only way of life that anyone inside our borders should believe. If not, then go live in the Middle East or someplace else that will treat you as an outsider. The elected officials in this Country have not been doing their jobs to protect the best interest of American citizens. They have sold our jobs and our businesses to the outside our borders. they have allowed our schools to be taken over by outside influences and now the average Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics professor is from outside this country or can barely speak American English well enough to understand. We citizens have allowed this to happen by not tasking our represetatives with the job of protecting our best interests instead of some foriegn powers. The Constitution of the United States of America provides for and demands protection from these representatives and outside influence. We need to expell those RATS from office and replace them with Born in America citizens that swear to protect our borders, our Country's best interests, and our American jobs. Anything less should be considered an act of Treason against the USA. Write your Congressmen and Representatives today and let them know where you stand for American jobs and our futures. Demand they fix this situation immediately. If not, remove them from office by voting for someone with our citizens best interest in mind. If a company outsources jobs then they need to provide new jobs to replace those being sent overseas or be taxed on those job losses to provide for the welfare of those citizens families. I do not want welfare, I just want a job with a fair wage and benefits to protect my family. I am not looking for any hand outs. However, I also want respect instead of some criminal stealing my savings, my stock values, or my future.
I do not believe this is too much to ask of the corporations within our Countries borders or the elected officials that are supposed to be protecting our intersts. This is my opinion and I hope you vote with letters to your elected officials to correct this issue.
Thanks again,
Capri47

Back