What's new
What's new

Berreta Problems

johnnydmetal

Cast Iron
I have two problems with a 911 pistol. The primary prolem is Stove-piping. I went to qualify with it and they required I use the Winchester Reloads they provided. I had gone and fired the gun prior to that with new Remington rounds and had no problems. Im not positive but I think its being caused by a damaged extractor but no visable damage to it. The second problem was I saddly or maybe better put stupidly did a complete strip of the weapon and when I was reassembling it I slipped when putting the trigger springs in and lost one to the never-ever ""'twing '"". Berrettas are supposed to be made not to stove-pipe and I managed to speed clear the weapon each time it did but they couldn't quilify me with it even though my technique made up for the malfuntion. Each time I fired the empty shell didn't quite come out all the way and was fumbling the action. In my area its at least an hour ride to a decent armorer who works on Pistols so I would like to purchase a new set of springs and fix the malfunction if I can. My knowledge of the weapon from 6 yrs of armylife is thorough an I have been metalworking at home and professionaly since Jr high in the early 80's. I know its in my ability. That said any ideas and or information on how or where I can get the parts I would be appreciate the help. Im in Northwestern NJ.
Thanks
John

Try this link to Numrich Arms

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1150z92

They list several different versions of the 92,but not the 911.Take a look at their schematics for the parts that you need,then call or email them to see if they interchange.

Your stovepiping problem is more than likely weak ammo not allowing the slide to go back far enough to eject and it may not be feeding the next round from the magazine also.Try some Winchester USA FMJ after you get your trigger spring as it is cheap and reliable ammo.

Be careful not to have your hand over the top of the slide and the pistol at arms length tilted 90-120 degrees right and pointed safely downrange when clearing jams for safety as the primer of a live round can fire out of battery if it hits the ejector.Rare, but it happens.

Of course your extractor spring could be weak or the ejector could be bent or broken.

Sometimes the rims on reloads become damaged which causes problems with the grip of the extractor on the case's rim.

Check your recoil spring and guide rod for binding as this can stop or slow the motion of the slide from its full rearward travel.Check for bent guide rod or kinked spring.

Good Luck!
smile.gif
Barry

Barry try "Brownells"in Montezuma, Iowa 800 741 0015,if your pistol is a fairly late model,they have a larger inventory of late model stuff than "Gun Parts Corp" (NUmrich).Gunparts is the place to look for hard to find old stuff

Back