What's new
What's new

Schaublin 225 - beautiful, isn't it?

BugDS

Plastic
Hello everybody, i'm new to this forum.

about me... I am verry interested in Schaublin machines and I could read alot of interesting posts about this manufacturer here.
In my little shop i got a Schaublin 102 for round things and a Luthy for cube things. A Schaublin 22 is on the way to my shop and should replace the Luthy.

Some time ago i found a nice video of the new Schaublin 225 plus (on the bottom). I would like to know if anybody here already knows this machine and can something tell about it (maybe how to work with the FanucPowerMate0 control and the prize would be verry interesting to know, too
).

Thanks

Interesting the GE Fanuc 'quick panel'...never seen that before....which is ironic considering the USA connection to Fanuc.

I'm not sure what to make of the "Power Mate" aspect of the control, as here in the USA, the "Power Mate" is generally a relatively simple module meant for indexing turrets and such. Fanuc "O" would indicate a Fanuc 0T control, which is probably the most common control on the planet, allbeit, a bit 'old' these days, as it was introduced way back in 1986.

A bit dissapointing that in 2005, someone like Schaublin wouldn't just go "all the way" and outfit their machines with color LCD screens.

www.gefanuc.com/en/ProductServices/MachineTool/cnc/PowerMate_i/index.html

www.gefanuc.com/Downloads/en/series0i_brochure_gfa633.pdf

i specified and commisioned a 225 and a 125ccn for a tool maker about four years ago. i think the 225 cost CHF63,000 if my memory is correct. the control would only execute four consecutive block (actualy more like sub routines than blocks) but was an ideal machine for one offs a short runs, the 125cnn was an all together superior machine though with full blown cnc capability and was fitted with a driven tool option :cool:

Back