What's new
What's new

Schaublin 102N-VM docs wanted...

Erik

Hot Rolled
Hi guys.

A friend of mine just acquired this lathe. He paid a stiff price and got a nice machine. But I believe he needs a manual. It's got a headstock for 20W collets and doesn't have the large handwheel for the RPM's. But it has the brake etc.

Does anyone have PDF scanned docs relating to a lathe like this?

TIA

Cheers
Erik

Erik,
9 items before yours in this chapter, on the 15e december, a generous geste from Marc Nijssen; he put his 102 vm manual on the Yahoo-site.
Gr.
Paul

Hi.

Yes, and since the Schaublin group is members-only, he emailed me a copy.
My friend bought a 102N-VM, which is a little different. The manual I got is for the older model (without the "N").

Cheers
Erik

Hi all,

if the group helps me out with lead spindle removal I'll scan and post my 102N manual :D

Seriously I will scan and post asap for Eric and Vladimir but... I still could use some help with my 102 VM disamsembly.

In short I need some advice on how to remove the 40mm leadscrew from the main gearbox.

regards

Marc

Hi Erik, Vladimir, Marc, etc.
In the Netherlands is placed on 11 december an advertisement of the schaublin 102N VM. Is seems nobody has interest because there is no bid.
Have a look on "www.marktplaats.nl" and make a search with "zoeken" 'schaublin', You will find it there.
Paul

Paul,

thanks for the tip.

Actually I bought my 102 VM manual from this guy, the asking price was 35 €.

I have a 102N manual which I will copy for Vladimir but he'll have to wait untill the new year so that I can make A3 copies.

I can make partial scans if anybody needs something right away.

AFAIK the main difference between the 102 & 102N is the headstock design. I would be interested in opinions why Schaublin changed to the simpler bearing arrangement in the later 102N model.

102Nheadstockhor.jpg

Paul and Marc - thank you for your help.

I've been in contact with the seller and the price has now risen to €39.50 ;)

I discovered my friend does have all or most of the manual and so he won't buy this.
Having no 102N-VM myself(yet), I can make do with a scanned version just for snooping around and deciding if I want a 102 or not.

If I should get one of the two 102's from Belgrade, then _I_ might buy an original manual.

Cheers
Erik

Erik,

just for info the manual I bought from this guy was a copy (good quality).

Must admit I was a bit dissappointed because you cannot tell from the pictures and I didn't ask.

Marc

Hi Marc.

Well, I have made a beautiful copy of a Schaublin 102N-VM manual, but Vladimir never sent me another email or PM or *anything*. He just disappeared. At least he could have told me that for some reason I wouldn't get it. So now I'm looking for a Leinen or a Weiler 280.

Cheers
Erik

Hi Alan.

Thank you for your offer.
No, I don't think I got any of those from you.
<yawn> It's early morning here, and I had an interesting day yesterday. I bought a Harrison M300 on UK eBay, so I think my lathe needs are covered now.
About docs - I always think, the more the better.
But I am not in a hurry, as Vladimir burned me completely. Right now I need some docs for my M300, so I might show he seller what should belong to my lathe. Unfortunately it has been separated from its accs. and tooling, so I probably won't get any. But it's a good buy anyway, I think.

Cheers
Erik

Back