What's new
What's new

milwaukee band saw

fourtynine

Aluminum
anyone have any experience with a milwaukee portable band saw , i have a chance to get one and a stand to go with it for 200.00, i don't have room for a full size saw, thought this might work .

I've had a two speed for quite a number of years and they are very dependable, like all other Milwaukee tools. Heavy built and easy to change blades, they are quite handy. I would get the one with a deep throat if possible. If you are careful, you can get a fairly straight cut by hand, especially if you don't try to force the cut. A stand would probably help a lot in producing straight cuts. That sounds like a reasonable price with the stand, especially if it is the deep throat model.

I have several bandsaws but for all around versatility that little portaband is by far the best. I could'nt live without mine for fast fab work.

This 28v cordless is interesting.
49_2.JPG

I have had one for 3 years now and I love it.
Most of the time it lives on a stand I made for it that holds it vertically, I also made a small table that bolts where the guide used to go, thing is sweet

With the stand? Outstanding price. I have several and use them a lot. The 10/14 blades are my workhorses, though finer ones are useful for thin wall stuff. Just like hand saws. Used ones sometimes need new rubber tires.

That's a great price for one with the stand. The Milwaukee bandsaw is as sturdy as the original small P-C Portaband, but with a deeper cut. I have the deep-cut lightweight Portaband and I love it, since I don't yet have a horizontal bandsaw. Mine was $75 used off eBay.

I have had one for some time now & it rides around in a service truck. No problems at all. If you are careful & do not push too hard on it, a sharp blade will cut an amazingly straight & accurate line. I find that either Milwauke or Lenox blades are the best.

I have a Milwaukee and it is a good machine.

My pick was a 20 y/o Black & Decker that was made out of junk B&D's that came back for repairs.
My gripe with my Milwaukee is that it has a tendency to throw bands more than not but I'd say that is operator related.

Good luck,

Tom

Back