What's new
What's new

Manufacturer's name?

Hoppy

Cast Iron
There were a series of posts a month or two ago that mentioned a manufacturer's name that I can't remember. There were a number of comments that this manufacturer's machines were as good (if not better than) Miller, etc., but were less expensive. I think the name may have had three letters. Can anyone please jog my memory?

You are thinking of HTP- which is not a manufacturer, but a guy who imports cheap (well, less expensive) machines from Italy and eastern europe.
Yeah, they are cheaper- but they have some attendant drawbacks, like limited parts and service availability.

Great for some people, a no-go for others.

http://www.htpweld.com/

Just saw this old thread on a search & wanted to give an owner's opinion of HTP.

I currently own an HTP MIG2400 & Invertig 201. They've seen daily use for three years without a problem. Never have hit the thermal limit on either.

Service from HTP is much better & faster than service on my Miller equipment. My first HTP MIG was the MIG240, and the arc-starts were never what I wanted. After using this machine for six months, I called & complained about this problem. The owner, Jeff Noland, offered to swap my older model for the newest model & charge me only the $80 difference. He paid full freight to return my old machine & charged only half the freight on the new one. Try that with Lincoln or Miller, especially after using their machine for six months.

HTP will customize their machine to your specs. Want a longer power cord, longer ground lead, longer MIG cable, different MIG gun, a special TIG control ... just ask. The cost is pennies when done at the time of purchase.

I have nothing against Lincoln or Miller, but HTP has service better than either of those.

---------------------
Barry Milton

it is not what you buy, it is who you buy it from!some dealers will stand on their head for you and others will not give you the time of day!
we have two dealers in our town , one is a fancy
building, with fancy prices etc, the other is a cluttered mess but he is a sweethart, and will spend all day with you!the prices are the same, take your choice!!matteo

matteo, it's funny you mention that.

99% of the time, I find those places are so much better to deal with. You have to figure, there's a reason that they can stay in business in a dingy, messy store, all other things being equal. It's usually service!```

Back