What's new
What's new

800 watt feedback

surplusjohn

Diamond
back in october i ordered several misc items that took them close to 4 weeks to receive, they ignored a couple of emails and replied once that I would get stuff in a day or so, this was a couple weeks off. I just got around to giving them feedback and I gave them several neutrals because the stuff was as described but the service was terrible, which is what I said on the feedback. they responded by giving me an A+, which is good since they could had retailiated with a negative. anyways they filed a request for a mutual feddback withdrawal! I guess it does not hurt to ask, but they do have a nerve.

That happend to me once too. Very slow shipping so gave them a neutral rating. Naturally they responded with a neutral in return although I am a prompt payer.I think it kind of defeats the purpose of the whole rating thing when the seller has the last word and you do not want to hurt your own rating if they retaliate in spite.

Brent

I bought my ER40 collets from them (him), no emails returned either and they took 3 weeks to ship but i got my stuff. I don't remember if they left me a feed back...Bob

This thread and others in the past, points out the most serious flaw with Ebay's feedback system. They need to change it so that buyer, or seller cannot retaliate if indeed the guilty party needs something less than positive feedback.

I wonder if that will happen before Hades cools off. :D

I wrote to eBay. last week, about their compromised Feedback system. As noted it is used by some in an attempt to bully their victims into withdrawing a complaint. It has nothing to do with them being wronged. It is strange how the perpetrator of a scam perceives himself as a victim when the "cheat" does not go as planned.

In my case the vendor lost in the proceedings by both PayPal and eBay yet he was able to retaliate with a negative Feedback. I do not even know if he was rebuked for his business ethics (or lack of).

My request was that in cases where there is a dispute resolution the loser also looses Feedback priviledges. OK, so they should also have to pay the transportation since vendors that cheat have nothing to loose, in the current system, since the buyer has borne all the costs.

Raymond

The ideal setup on feed back would be if each party had to leave feedback before a certain time elapsed, after that time the feedback would then be displayed with neither party able to change their original feedback.

This is a pleasant surprise. I won my first Ebay auction last Thursday and guess who it was from.....surplusjohn. He is a pleasure to work with and made it easy the first time. Deal isn't done yet but I have no worries. I won a gear motor and will be using it in a rolling mill. I plan on making some of my own damascus for blade steel. Anyway I'm a newbie around here...Ebay too.. and will be in learning mode for a while. I'll be watching and learning.

Larry

800 watt takes forever, but so far I don't know of anybody that's been ripped off by him. I think that feedback should be blind where neither party could see what they've been given until a timeline has passed. That way neither could retaliate. I also think that buyers should get a separate, automatic, rating based on how promptly they pay. Also, if paypal shipping is used, the seller could get the same thing based on how fast they ship.

800watt is a VERY high volume seller and his markup is rater small compared to some others selling the same stuff. He is probably not a very big operation ITO staff so this is a formula for slow service. He took 3 weeks to ship out my 4 items, all of which were paid for immediately. Was I miffed? No way! he's REAL cheap and I got everything as described. If you want it fast, get it from J & L or some such.

Jimbo

800 watt is slow like every 1 said
he didnt rip me off tho,and never responded to any of my e-mails
ps: don please get the general forum back up
been spending way to much time on e-bay heheh
thanks for all your hard work!

I got a new live center from him a couple weeks ago very cheap and was prepared for a long wait and it showed up in about a week. I was almost tempted to send it back and give him a - feedback for fast shipping!
Michael

I sent 800watt a Postal Money Order about 6 weeks ago...Still waiting...I can't help but feel as though I've been taken. It's too bad because he had a few things I would buy from him if I didn't think I'd get ripped off. From the look of his volume I don't think it would make much difference to him if he had my business anyway.I know his prices are low but that's no excuse for not shipping at all. This is my first bad experience with a seller on E-Bay, everybody I have delt with in the past have been great.

it sounds like what Ebay needs to do is set it up so that neither party can see the feedback left by the other until they either:

1) have already left feedback, and can't change it, except by mutual agreement

2) Give up the right to leave feedback at all.

That would do away with all this retaliation business and make the whole thing a far larger reflection of actual performance.

-Justin

I bought my ER40 collets from them (him), no emails returned either and they took 3 weeks to ship but i got my stuff.
Bob,

How do you like the 800Watt ER40 Collets?

I've been thinking about getting a set, but a little worried about a no-name Chinese off-brand...

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks guys, I'm new to Ebay also and I am trying to set up my recently purchased (Used)/NO tooling at all,bridgeport.I'm glad I read this thread, I was ready to get quite a few items,collets ,vise,clamp kit, boring head,etc. from 8oowatt, for a job I have to get done on time, I can't be messing around with this type of service. This site continues to amaze me with the info that pours in. I suppose this seller will do alright but,I will find another supplier.thanks for the cander.

I bought a 15 piece set of 5C collets (1/8 to 1 inch). It took just under 3 weeks to get here.
When they arrived, the set had 2 of the 9/16 collets and no 3/16 collet. Obviously a screw up by the manufacturer.
A few days ago, I sent an eMail to 800Watt asking how he will resolve the problem. I am waiting for a response.
By the way, its a pretty good product for only $24 + shipping.

I bought the 3 chuck special, they are real junk don`t waste your money, took forever, two of three shanks are slightly out of round! It was a cheap leason, I`ll buy no more from 800 Watt! Anybody want a deal on 3 chucks?

More examples of why I, as a buyer, never post feedback until the seller has done so. That's always been the protocol on evilpay. If you follow it, there's no problem.

Back