What's new
What's new

Mastercam to Centurion 7 post

Shurtape

Plastic
I need a post that converts Mastercam v9.1sp2 to my milltronics mill with Centurion 7 controller. I have hard tapping and I presently have to edit feed for tapped holes, Mastercam produces a different feed than what has to be output for my controller. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

My controller requires that the feed rate is entered as inches per revolution, i.e.
1/4-20 is entered as a feed rate of .05". I change the feed in the box on the Mastercam tool screen and when I post it, it has changed back to a feed/speed rate such as 25.0 feed @ 500 rpm's. When entered into my controller it doesn't need to change the feed with the speed, all I have to do is enter any speed I desire and run the program.

First make a backup copy of your post.
This is off of a C5 post. I don't have a C7.

Now look in your post file at:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> ptap # Canned Tap Cycle
n, sgdrill, pg9899, *x, *y, *depth, *refht, *dwell, *frplunge </pre>[/QUOTE]Change to this:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> ptap # Canned Tap Cycle
tapfeed = 1 / n_tap_thds
n, sgdrill, pg9899, *x, *y, *depth, *refht, *dwell, *tapfeed
</pre>[/QUOTE]Now look for 'Format Statements'. You'll see two sections. At the bottom you'll see lines starting with 'fmt'. At the bottom add this:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> fmt F 13 tapfeed #Feeds IPR with 5 digits trailing
</pre>[/QUOTE]Above that you'll lines beginning with 'fs'. At the bottom of that add this:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> fs2 13 0.5 0.5 #Decimal, absolute, 5 place
</pre>[/QUOTE]This should work for you. If you're looking at something totally different in you post file, post the 'ptap' sections here so I can take a look at it. :D

At this point just ignore the feed rate it shows in the tool parameter page when programming. The post will do the right. You can change what the feed rate shows for tapping in programming, but thats a whole 'nother story.

Thye milltronics rigid tap code should look something like this:

N1xxx g88g99 X x.xx Y x.xx R.x Z-.X F.xxxx

g88 is hardtap
g99 is return to clearance
x.y well if you don't know???

R is clearance
Z is obvious

F is feedrate in z per rev.
Doug.

I change my post with the information that Psychomill suggested and my code has changed to run the proper feed rate. Thanks for all the help!!!

Back