What's new
What's new

like mastercam or get fired!!!

pi

Stainless
a buddy of mine just went to a manufacturing show near chicago yesterday. mastercam was there with their demos on hand. the company he works for gave hime the ticket to attend. along with the ticket was a little badge to wear with a upc code. when you ask for info the ventor will swipe the badge and automatically get your employers info. well when my buddy ripped into the mastercam vendor about how useless mastercam x was and complained that the software was crashing at least 30 times a day they got a little offended. since the mastercam sales guy could not effectively defend mastercam in front of a room full of people he chose the next best thing. he called up my buddie's employer to complain about his attitude and try and get him fired. so i guess since mastercam can not put up they try to shut you up. fortunately my buddy has outstanding skills and his employer also feels mastercam x is useless junk so he was in no way going to lose his position.

Sales is sales is sales......
I don't care what company I'm talking to in any industry.... most of them don't belong in that position. They can dish it out if things are going their way but the moment there are issues or complaints (and I don't care how much of an A-hole the "customer" becomes...), they get offensive and pull a bunch of crap to point the finger the other way. The sales guy seems to forget that the customer has spent a bunch of money already and can't get something to work or has some feedback that bothers them. So, instead of trying to resolve the issues or come up with solutions to help solve the problems, they stab you in the back and pull some chicken sh*t crap to kick you down.

I have many friends in sales that are good at it and can take the "off" attitudes of customers and deal with any situation. You'd have to damn near slap them in the face to get them upset at you. But most of the people that do sales (or some form of rep) for a living have the attitude of a "red headed step-child".

:D

PS: No offense to the mild mannered "red headed step-child"

Trying to get a handle on Mcam9.1 when our maint. runs out and we're "forced" to switch "up" to McamX.

Oh goody. Itty-bitty brand new icons that don't mean a thing till you track 'em down in a Help file that is next to useless, and better yet, toolbars all over the place.

Couldn't find the option to switch from one point selection to another....went nuts trying to find an icon that SHOULD have been there....it was. Only it was OFF the screen. Only when I hit the 'full screen' windows button did it appear.

Better yet, according to my estimation, I've got about 25% LESS working screen available now w/ MCamX.

Maybe you need training on the software.It did have some problems at first but here lately it has been pretty bullet proof for me. Post and go.

And there very well might be some bugs in there, but when I report them, the next service pack has them fixed.
Make sure you are running the current update.
I have had other software act funny too.
I think all CAM software has some type of problem some where.

Wait a sec...

Pi... Are you saying, there are no improvments from MC9 to MCX ?

lets say MCX is working well, without crashing on someones computer...

Is there still no reason to switch to it ?
Or does it just suck, even when its running ok ?

In my humble opinion the Mastercam X is 100 times better than V9.1. You can basically create your own interface by maneuvering the icons around as you please and the damn thing remembers everything you do. (so you don't have to). At first I was confused and started to doubt myself with the new program but once I started messing around with it I found that X was not bad. The difference I noticed is that in V9 you first input what you want to create ie: create line, arc, surf, etc. then you pick or state your points or lines, arcs.. and with X you first have to input how you want to create or first pick points then create line or arc, pick lines or curves then create surface, same with levels first you pick geo. then you change levels. I can't stop myself from using X even though everyone tells me to. The only thing I'm having trouble with now are the posts??? Other than that i'm lovin' it

Part of my issue with X is a)Figuring out which icon I need, and b)Finding it. Worse for me is that with my monitor resolution, I need bifocals to even see 'em!

To be honest, I'm glad someone is liking it. It's almost comforting sometimes to know that it's just me!

Thanks for pointing out the philosophy change in creation/selection process. Hadn't recognized that, and it explains a lot of my frustration.

Fiz, something else that is a major difference between X and previous versions; X uses "Preselection". Meaning say for example I want to move or copy some entities to another level. I would first select the entities I want to copy or move, Then Right Click on the Level box at the lower section of the screen by WCS, Z, GView, etc.... You then can either have it go to the current active level or move/copy to another level. I've been using X for some time and I like it ALOT more than V9. I've had to go back to V9 for a few customers and it's a drag. One thing I do that eased the transion for me was to still use hot keys. Alt lights up the File, Edit, etc... and the underlined letters are letters you can type the letter just like in the old days. You'l need to memorize new sequences because they have condensed many functions into 1 now which makes things easier once you get the hang of it too.

HTH

Back