What's new
What's new

Love hate Relationship

huskermcdoogle

Stainless
Mastercrash X strikes again. I can't seem to get any work done with the damn thing anymore. All it does now is freeze up. You can work for a steady 15 minutes and you better be saving becuase you need to shut it down and start it back up again for another 15 minutes. It is soo much better than 9 for some things but soooooo much worse stability wise. Never the less time to plug on. Should have bought the maintenance package, which I think is going to happen. Anyone have any suggestions toward preventing it from crashing.

Husker

Husker,

I don’t have any experience with Mastercam but it might help if those that can help you know your system specs, such as processor, operating system, memory size, video card, etc. It sounds more like a computer problem then a software issue, but that would only be a guess at this point. Maintenance is always a good idea when purchasing new releases, however any reputable company should furnish patches/service packs for known bugs at no charge.

Hi Husker,

You could run this by the people at emastercam.com. Just be warned, any negative comments about MasterCam and they will rip you a new one.

Dan

Husker,

I have X and I was a hater untill I went to a up and running class, at my dealer. Now I really love the new program. My system does not seem to crash or have any problems. I just say this to encourage you not to rub anything in . Afer getting used to the new features I really like my X now.-matt

P.S. - I sent money on some books on X training from San Diego Cad/cam http://sandiegocadcam.com/handbooks.htm
The books really made a difference for me as I have a tough time in a classroom setting.

I dunno. I find that If i don't move at 100% speed. ( I am very fast in cad and cam.... Move like the wind) That things go well. But as soon as I start flying things go wrong. Think it might be a computer issue. Had to bring it to the shop again today after it won't turn on. Its a toshiba laptop, don't suggest them if you don't want to pay for an extended warranty I have used mine about 8 times now. Extremely fast in cad and cam usaully and I can't stand using anything but it becuase there are no comparble computers in the places that I work so i just use mine. 3.2 P4 w/ HT 1gig ram 80gig HD gforcefx5200 with 64mb 17" widerscreen. Great machine besides the problems with it needing too many parts. HD, new ram, new powersupply new cooling system, and i think now another powersupply and motherboard this time. Hopefully maybe somthing that will last a while. The only think i am surprised that hasn't died is the battery.

Husker

Husker.

Maybe Dan B is right, emastercam is a real good source for this kind of help. It does sound like a hardware problem maybe vid card or maybe memory allocation. Anyway I recommend the emastercam guys they really don't deserve the bad rep, they are really a great group especially if you are in need of help. Good luck -matt

they really don't deserve the bad rep, they are really a great group especially if you are in need of help.
I've been beaten up on the emastercam site for correcting some wrong information about WorkNC. I was contemplating looking at a MasterCam demo, and went there to get some insights. When I saw the discussions comparing MCam to WorkNC, and saw that they were propogating seriously wrong info about WorkNC, I offered my 2 cents worth to correct the misconceptions. The response was pretty nasty, even though I never had any negativity regarding their software.

In my experience, they have earned the bad rep.

Dan

In my experience, they have earned the bad rep
In your experience...... Yep they beat you up pretty good. In my experience.... they have treated me very good. So it is a draw as I see it( of course they poked YOU in the eye and not me
)This all said, the guy needs help. For MasterCam there is no better place to get help than emastercam. The attitude over in emastercam is enthusiastic,(go to the Mustang group and correct their views on Camaros and you might not be treated with the greatest respect
) I am sorry you had a bad experience there. We all like you here though :D -matt

If the Mustang group was saying that Camaros had 2 cylinder Briggs and Stratton engines, and I said "No, they actually come with real car engines" I wouldn't expect to be assailed with insults and snide remarks for the next 3 days.

Anyway, who cares. I never followed through with MCam and this is a much nicer place anyway.

Dan

:eek: Oh come on now Dan, Camaro's with 2 cylinder Briggs :confused: , Everybody in emustangs knows they have 1 cylinder Kolhers...... Drink the Koolade Bro :D ;) , it will all become clearer.-matt

Back