What's new
What's new

MasterCam 8.1.1 queston

Toolznthings

Hot Rolled
Hello,
I'm using MC 8.1.1 level one mill/lathe. I know on my previous release when doing a drilling tool path the drill size showed on the screen at each location. Do I have something set incorrectly since I no longer see the drill size representation or is this not shown in 8.1.1.

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Hello izzoe46,

No. When the tool path is first generated after creating all the parameters. Verify and back plot are O.K.
Thanks

I know on my previous release when doing a drilling tool path the drill size showed on the screen at each location
what is the page title, i don't understand what you mean. :(

is it on your operations manager page?

izzoe46

Thanks for your patience !

menu selections: toolpath, drill, select geometry to drill, done, fill out parameters and drill size, create toolpath, screen only shows points and not a circle representing the tool size on the screen with the geometry. A pilot drill would show up as a smaller circle in the geometry if the finished hole is larger for example. Hope this helps explain what I'm after.

Hope I did'nt miss a step since I'm not at the PC with MC

Brian :confused:

Under backplot, you need to check "show tool" for this to happen. Verify in backplot creates the "white" that shows the tool cutout.

In verify, make sure you selected a "drill" as a tool. If not, define it as mentioned above.

Under backplot, you need to check "show tool" for this to happen
i dont think hes's talking about the backplot page.

when he starts making new toolpaths on the regular geometry he wants to see a circle representing the tool.

i think.

Hmmm, I know what you mean and I always thought that was how it worked. I just created a toolpath and it DOES NOT display that way when creating a toolpath. I thought it did. Must have been the backplot I was thinking of 'cause it shows up there. Not sure if you can change it or not.

[ 05-09-2006, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: E-Stop ]

Hello E-Stop,

I've tried some different parameter changes, but no luck. No big deal. Just thought someone my have had an answer. I'm staying with this version.
Don't need nor can I afford to get on maintenance for upgrades. This version works good for me.
Thanks for the reply!!

Brian

Brian--

I've been using version 8 for quite some time now and like you, it does everything I need for now. I would like to upgrade just to keep up with the changes but the cost is prohibitive. I don't think we are alone on this one.

alt t , is the hot key for toolpath view on your screen but it will not show you a circle representing tool dia. only lines representing toolpath.

I dont remember ever seing a circle. only on your backplot screen are you able to see that.

not in your geometry page!!!!

when you tool path any geometry you see the tool dia at the endpoints. if you go to backplot, click on display, you can toggle th edisplay of toolpaths to endpoints or interpolate.
This may well also be a video card issue....
My shop floor computer running V9.1 SP2 will on occasion, display some toolpaths very quickly (as in display and erase) I think it's a card issue

Thanks All !

Sorry for the delayed reply, but I have been out of town and away from the shop and PC. I'll be trying the suggested fixes next week as soon as I can get the time. I'll post the results and THANKS for all the replys!

Brian

Back