What's new
What's new

acad 2000 and text

Mlbz420

Aluminum
is there a feature in acad 2000 that will put the outline of text as a vecter drawing? What i am asking is, is there a way to write text in autocad that can be used as a tool path?

say i select arial font bold, can i show the outline as actual lines instead of an image thats filed in solid and unusable as anything but a text image?

if not acad what about solidworks 2006 cause i have that now to but havent made a full transition yet.

Sorry I can't address your question directly, but for what it's worth, Rhino has this ability using the TextObject command. And in the V4 beta, all fonts can be automatically created as single line engraving fonts.

Dan

Yes, this is posible with both programs. You want to use a font like
24mb2wm.jpg
, this type of font is the outline of the letter rather than the a single line, etc.

In Acad 2000 you create the text using MText and select the True Type font that you want and type in the text that you wish. To change it to an outline of the text use then go to the Express Menu, then text menu then submenu explode text.

You then will have the outline of the text. You may have to do a little clean-up work (trimming) where some of the polylines are closed. Not a very complicated thing.

Hope that helps!

Back