What's new
What's new

M32B paramater

alpha

Plastic
Any got a mazatrol M32 or M32B paramater manual handy? i need to know which parameter is for selection of data bit digits for rs232 interface?
The machine is a 1996 FJV20 if that makes any difference. I want to change it to 8 data bits to see if i can upload an eia/iso prog to the memory. Have no problem loading and saving mazatrol programs. thanks

I think the param you're looking for is G23.

Settings are:

0 - 5 bits
1 - 6 bits
2 - 7 bits
3 - 8 bits

However, if you're already loading and saving Mazatrol programs, you shouldn't have any problems transfering G-code.

Good luck.

However, if you're already loading and saving Mazatrol programs, you shouldn't have any problems transfering G-code.
Not necessarily.... Maybe he's communicating through CMT I/O for Mazatrol and not Tape I/O. Each has its own settings.

Alpha, the parameter for data bits is User parameter G5. Settings are (as AJ mentioned):

Settings are:

0 = 5 bits
1 = 6 bits
2 = 7 bits
3 = 8 bits

Look at the top of the screen and be sure you're changing it under the proper I/O channel. Just follow the column down.

FYI: G23 is for a character code in EIA for tape punch. Has nothing to do with communication settings of the port(s).

:D

Back