What's new
What's new

z axis drive jumper settings

D. Rey

Titanium
I need the jumper settings for a TRS 50 B drive for a Z axis on a lathe

Maybe a picture of the PCB closeup?

This is from an 86 Mazak QT-8.

Tech swapped drives a while back and still trouble shooting, just want to triple check that the jumper settings are correct.

Thanks

Dave

Nervis excuse me for stating the obvious but on my QT 10 there was a packet of the test papers, from the time that the machine was built, in the cabinet that houses the spindel controler. In this packet towards the back was a diagram of both the "Z" and "X" servo amp jumper configuration. And to put to rest any question yes they are different at least on my machine

Lucky you.

The moron that owned the machine before me decided to use the test papers as bedding for his cat.

There is nothing in my control cab except cards and wires.

Hi all,
I'm new,,,very new. Just got qt8 85' in last week. havent look at it yet,
still busy on the mikron bosch drive.
Will take a pic of the z drive fer you tomollo'
but how do i post the pic here??? nervis3??
If i cant post i'll mail it to you.

cheers,
mike

Yea you can e-mail me a pic, I'd appreciate it very much. [email protected]

there are two groups I can see, one at the bottom of the card another about 1/2 way up.

Here are my current settings, z axis.

Again this is a TRS 50 B servo drive.

In the first pic the jumpers are on 17,24, and s4 at the top of the pic, and 14 and 10 on the bottom row. The pic is a little misleading as its a little angled.

jumper1.jpg

in the second pic in the center 29 is jumpered, and at the middle right s1,2,3 and s 26 are jumpered.

jumper2.jpg

Getting a z axis following error at startup, already had drive repaired and that fixed the problem for about two months.

Had a tech out to see why the z axis load meter is always high and swapped drived. Problem stayed with the motor.

Swapped drives back and had a new problem, z axis following eror.

Got brand new servo motor and resolver from dreisilker and they tell me old motor was single phasing and burned out the resolver.

wiring from drive and resolver has been replaced with new harnesses from mazak. Did not fix the problem.

New motor and resolver does not fix the problem. Mush be the drive again. Just want to double check that the jumpers got back to where they belong.

Hi nervis,
Just emaill you the pics..
I've got a question??
I'm using xp on a compaq logging in with ie.
but this add-on thing about some ocx flash kept coming up and then it closes ie(internet explorer) down automatically..
then after a few tries its left me alone again..

another quest???? how do you quys put pic into the postings???

just me,
mike

I appreciate you sending the pictures.

However I recieved two pictures of the lower half of two different drives, each withdifferent jumper settings.

What I was looking for is the jumper settings for the whole card for the z axis only.

BTW sounds like you have some ad ware on your computer mucking things up. May try downloading spybot and running it.

dave

ok,, the one with the lettering on the eproms are the z axis..
anyway just saw other jumpers on the same board...will take pic again fer ya!

bye
mike

Thank you very much. Also would you mind typing out for me the numbers that are jumped just so I am sure . Like my post above with the pics pins 14, 10 etc.

Penang, as in the other side of the world? Malaysia?

Hows the weather out there today?

np...
pin 15,10.17,25 & s4.
pin 30 & s2. wait one more at the left side of the roll of blue vari resistors.. pin 27..
yup I think thats all..
hm.... there is a switch at the bottom left..could be for pulse or v(analogue)..
perhaps whippin' boy could help??
Mine is in 'p' that could be imp...
never know.. perhaps time to learn..

Yep your is different, mine is different. That may be my problem....

dumb question, is your machine working? :D

So just to confirm your machine is an 85 QT-8 with AC servos, T2 control?

let me see... yup its a qt8 with mazatrol-T2 or eai-t. mitsubishi drives and ac servos...
it was running b4 we took it a couple of weeks back..
we,re going to strip it then paint it.. then we power it up slowly...repair whatever we can or change.. it.
after looking at it.. the controller is meldas-lob... model ug-oic... that should decide the pins..
fer yaskawa drives those pins determine the travel on the lead screw..
if that be the case.. yours and mine should have the same pin.. perhaps whipping boy could help??

I,ll look into the schedule to see when it wil be power up.. then i'll let u know... how the running cond.. ok??

In the middle of the board there are a series of three pin sets, S1,S2, and S3. All three of mine are jumped, only S2 on your board is jumped.

All the rest appear the same.

Yea it would be nice to get two that look the same then I would be pretty certain I had it right.

I sure apprictae your assistance. I owe you one for sure.

np...life is to see'n'see..

one more thing.. the z board is labeled:

BN624A559G52...AX04 E ...??..C MADE IN JAPAN.

X board: BN624A559G52...AX04D (BLANK)..??..D MADE IN JAPAN.

how about yours??
what about that blue toggle switch at the bottom left corner.. is it 'P','O' or 'v'???

Back