What's new
What's new

Help with progamming a slot

Bobwilmor

Plastic
I am very new to Mazatrol programming, and am having trouble programming a slot. I am trying to program a slot that is 1.5 inches wide with a .38 dia. end mill. I am using Face Milling Slot. I am using Fig Ptn. CCW X-2.0 Y 0 R/th 3.0 I .75 J .75 P RGT R CNR .5
No matter what numbers I put in I keep getting an Error Message681 CornerR/C Defined at SPT/FPT (2029,1,1).Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. The machine is a Mazak 510c VMC with a Nexus640 M control Any help that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely
Bob Morrison

Bob

I have had problems using the slot unit in mazatrol on Integrex machines. I would try using Line-inside.
Or if the slot is the same width as the endmill try using Line-center

I'm pretty confused by this

>> CCW X-2.0 Y 0 R/th 3.0 I .75 J .75 P RGT R CNR .5

But I can tell you what the error is, you have a chamfer or a radius on the StartPoinT or FinishPoinT of your pattern. Works on a lathe controller but not on a mill controller.

On an Mplus, which does not have a slot option that I can recall, I would use a pocket routine. Give it coordinates of your opposing corners then the radiuses in your 4 corners and off she goes.

Bobwilmor,
The first line of a Face Milling Slot is the starting point. Try using a LINE instead of CCW to tell the control where to start then use CCW for the second line.
You cannot use CNR or RAD in the first or last line anywhere on a mazak mill (that I can think of off hand).

The way to think about mazatrol is "where are you coming from and where are you going to".
From what I see in your post the computer does not know where it is coming from.

Hope this helps
Rob

Back