What's new
What's new

V-10 Powercenter Known Issues

llf264

Cast Iron
Does anyone have any specific things to look out for on these machines when evaluating? I am going to send my Dad to go look at one in the coming week and need to give him any heads up to look for. Price seems right so I'm interested. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Larron
m: 847.714.308six

Wow... that's a blast from the past....

Known issues?? Hmmm... I used program a V15 years ago. So long ago that I can't remember alot of details about it. The only things I can think of was it had a FANUC control (5m or 6m I think), decent power (considering the time frame of the machine), and a tool changer.

The only things I can say about this machine is think twice about it. Not that it was a bad machine (it produced very well), but your gonna have a hell of a deal with parts. What year is the one you're looking at? I recall the machine from around the early '80s. I think the one I ran was '78 or '79. I imagine parts will be hard to come by, if at all.

If you are serious about it, then make sure you check the box ways. It's an open chassis machine and when the covers went, alot of places don't keep up the maintenance with the wipers. The machine itself was fairly easy to fix if anything went wrong (mechanically or electrically). You can probably still get some of the control parts but I remember Mazak had something on top of it for some reason. Not sure. Unless you have one "new" enough for the M1 or M2 control. But those are hard to find guys who can work on that control as well.... Mazak included.

Thanks for the input guys. I've decided to keep building the budget (have been building for about a year now) until I can get a right deal for a quality used machine with solid service history in good looking condition. It's a $2500.00 machine with good tooling but logistically right now I'm booked. I could easily afford to take a chance on it, but time wise I don't have time to deal with maintenance issues and moving more than one machine. I need to wait to find my next long-term investment instead of looking to upgrade one attribute at a time.

Thanks again guys !!

Larron

Back