What's new
What's new

Multi-Plex chips (running unattended)

David S

Aluminum
We recently purchased a brand new MultiPlex and are finding out we are having some trouble with chips overflowing when we are running unattended over the weekend. We have as large as possible chip hopper under the conveyor, but it fills in about 10 hours. Has anyone seen a system that will move the chips from under the conveyor somehow? I have lots of ideas, but wanted to see if something was commercially available first. Thanks for any input-

Dave S

I've worked at several places where we had another conveyor that moved the chips to a larger bin outside the building.... but obviously that's a little pricey.

How about just paying someone to show up for a few minutes to swap to a new chip bin at a particular time? Might even be good for the machine to check the operations ... or maybe even load it some more.

Another option is the conveyor under the machine itself. Mazak offers several different conveyors with different dump heights. Get a taller one so you can use a taller chip bin. Ours are 7 feet or something like that. Or, you can go direct to Mayfram or Barnes, etc..

There is a parameter for the timer on the chip conveyor. It has a number for the on time and the off time (in ms). On the old T+ machines they are user parameters T52-T53. Usually if you turn it off for a long period of time, the chips will not fill up the chip baskets. I hope this helps-

Back