What's new
What's new

QT-8 under Voltage

SRobinson

Plastic
I keep getting an under voltage error in which case shuts the machine off and at times takes for ever before I can get the machine started again. The fans in the control panel are on but at a very low speed, which tells me that there isn't enough volts getting to the controls. I have been told that a transformer may solve my problem, any suggstions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance.

Did you check the incoming voltage on the machine when this happens? This is where I would start. I dont know what voltage (440/220) you are running, but is sounds like what you said, that there is not enough voltage. If it is happening randomly at times then there may be something else in your shop that is dropping off your voltage and causing you to get the undervoltage alarm. If you do have sufficient incoming voltage then check the machine side voltage. Also, check your taps. Make sure that on your transformer that the machine is tapped to the proper incoming voltage. You might also see where the undervoltage is occuring by looking on your spindle drive for alarms and see if you are getting a undervoltage alarm there. Hope this helps a bit.

you need to check voltage at disconnect when you here this slow fan thing
i've been having low line issues this spring

There is an alarm built in for phase loss. Definitely check your incoming power at the breaker. An undervoltage could be caused by the voltage being too low or too high. If this is your only Mazak with this style control (Fusion?) then it may not be power. There is a possibility that you Servo/Spindle Power Supply is going bad.

Back