What's new
What's new

OT Diamond brand hand tools

Aluminum
Anyone know if this company is still making hand tools? I need some end cutters they made. Their tools had a logo on them.."Diamalloy". Great hand tools.

32251 --

Cooper Group's Hand Tool Division is the current owner of the Diamond brandname for hand tools here in the US. They've pretty much gonged the Diamond name for US-made tools, but they moved a number of the old Diamond products into their other tool lines. If the end cutters you're looking for are full-size pliers, they might be in today's Crescent line; if they are mini-pliers, look in the Xcelite line.

John

Leigh --

You've forgotten "The Gong Show"? Ok, maybe you're just too young to remember.

The Gong Show was a predecessor of "American Idol" that ABC ran for a short while in the late 1970s or early 1980s. The inept performers were dismissed by ringing a large gong.

From this origin came the slang verb "gong", meaning to reject, discharge, fire, sack, dump, can, or otherwise direct the stopping of an activity.

John

I've got a couple of 24" Diamalloy adjustable wrenches. They have done "yeoman" service for me, always get comments and respect when I haul those babies into a plant. The 60" Rigid is my "nuclear" option, I've tugged on that with a forklift!! These tools are at least 20 years old and have never let me down.I have Williams,Bonney, Proto,Armstrong,Wright and old Craftsmen as well. Martin

Back