What's new
What's new

Cincinnati No. 2MI

rhpope

Aluminum
Any opinions on the ruggedness of these horizontal mills. Serial No. 2J2U1Z-44 Has a 10" x 53" universal table and appears to have power feed on all axis. It had either a 3HP or 5HP motor. COuld not read tag, but by judging from physical size and the vee belts, it is not bigger than a 5HP Does anyone know if it uses #40 or #50 tooling. From a glance, it appeared to #40.

Rugged, 5,500 lbs, 50 taper, keep oil clean, watch that coolant doesnt rust up gizzards in knee (oil based coolant would be wise) Was offered in 3 or 5 hp. Mine runs like a Swiss watch.. Hydro shift is nice, rapid is rapid and if you want, all three axis's moving at the same time. Parts are pricy but you should not need much.

I have one and it is 5hp, 50 taper and indestructable. I have to fix my power feeds. Excellent machine if you have the room for it. I have the vertical head and mostly use it as a horizontal mill though.

I have one and it is 5hp, 50 taper and indestructable. I have to fix my power feeds. Excellent machine if you have the room for it. I have the vertical head and mostly use it as a horizontal mill though.

did you manage to fix the power feeds
i have the same problem

The feeds DEPEND on proper amount and type of oil.

Rotation of motor also critical, motor drives the oil pump.... (big arrow on clutch pulley)

Filter/strainers must be clean.

The number posted on other 2MH link was direct to whats left of Cincy Parts service. And they have the manuals..

An expensive heavy machine, that an owner should be able to spring for a nice manual for..

They are fairly complicated with lots of parts and different options..

Got one at work. Killer little mill, just wish I had a #3 or 4 somtimes, instead. Of course, a real nice mid-sized HBM would do, too.

Back