What's new
What's new

Anyone need parts for a K&T horozontal mill?

Forrest Silas

Aluminum
My tired old K&T 2CH finally died. The rapid traverse went first. Then the power feed would only work at one speed. A few weeks ago the spindle stopped turning. Considering that it has about .080" backlash in the long axis, and the ways are so worn that I only have about 15" of useable table travel I have decided not to try to fix it. It will be going to the scrap yard on the 6th or 7th. If anyone needs any parts that are fairly easy to get to, send me a PM.

Forrest

I need a second overarm support for mine I got one off of ebay a couple of years ago and it was to big. I will check back hear tomorrow with you I do not know how to pm.

Kevin

I goofed. The machine is not a 2CH, It is a 2H. I don't know where the "C" came from. I am going to keep the arbor supports until I find another mill. I may end up needing them. If I don't get another K&T I will offer them then.

Forrest

Thats cool I understand those can be missing sometimes, I work for a machinerey dealer and we have some on a shelf and he wont sell them to me in case we get a machine in without one.

I took the mill to the scrap yard today. Lets have a moment of silence.

Ok thats enough. It was kinda cool to watch the track hoe drop the mill from about 10' on top of a Ford Aerostar. Made a satisfying crunch, and a big impression.

Forrest

Back