What's new
What's new

Cincinnati 2MH spindle --> arbor key

Dan Craig

Cast Iron
I have a 2mh, and was wondering if anyone has a couple of the keys floating around which attach to the spindle and drive the arbor.

The dimensions on mine are 1.000" x 1.063" x 1.004". The screw hole appears to be on center, and mine is hardened.

One would be nice, two would be even better. I realize I can probably get these from Cincinnati, but I haven't yet tried for fear of sticker shock.

Dan; I have an old U S Machine Tool horizontal mill. I really dont think it will ever be used again so if this has the part you need let me know . I am not a machinest , just a guy that loves the old stuff.

thanks for the replies. I was thinking about just making what I needed, but wasn't 100% since what's on the machine is hardened. I'll just give it a shot though.

sjlarkin, I'll see what happens if I make the key I need. I'd hate to take pieces off of a machine, unless it's already in pieces.

You said spindle and then arbor keys.. there 2 completly different items made from completley different steels...

If you mean the Spindle Drive Keys that are the 1.000" x 1.063" x 1.004" size... yes they are hard and yes you can make them from about anything and leave them soft. I am guessing that it will take you 300yrs to wear them out..

Back