What's new
What's new

astronomical tool find

kpotter

Diamond
I was ratting through the back of the shop where I work looking for a handle to a south bend that I was repairing and I came across a box and inside was a K&T astronomical dividing head I am going to buy it tomorrow but I have no idea what it is worth and neither does my boss he said he bought it about thirty years ago and it has been sitting in that spot ever since it was buried under a pile of southbend parts the tool looks to be in good shape one handle on the back of it is broke but that is easy to make another, I do have the power takeoff on my k&t so this would be a cool additon to the collection of obsolete stuff that I have accumulated.

Is it just the astronomical attachment, or the whole head? The attachment fit on the Model K dividing head.
Have seen astronomical attachments with original box, in nice shape, sell on eBay for $300-$400.
Andy

It is the whole head it does not have a chuck on it but it is complete other than that. I kinda figured it might be worth 3 to 4 hundred bucks thats what my boss thought as well he would probably just give it to me but I would wierd just taking it.

Back