What's new
What's new

Pictures of K&T 2H

J-Head

Hot Rolled
1941kt2H
1941kt2H
1941kt2H

Nice mill I have a 2h as well I love it. I think mine is a little older than yours yours looks a bit different than mine. I have been looking for the support that goes from the overarms to the knee I have the overarm supports for both the a and b style arbors. I dont do any heavy milling I am just trying to get the most complete k&t in existance. I have the disease real bad

Thanks for the comments. The mill is a 1941 and it was in really tough shape when I got it. It was missing a bunch of parts and the knee elevation nut was stripped out which I didn't realize at the time of aquisition, but after alot of work it is probably one of my favorite machines. There is nothing like taking a heavy cut with a slab mill and watching the chips peel right off.

I have an older 2A for sale for $500.00. I haven't tried eBay yet and don't think I'll get a good response. I'm in the Hampton Roads Virginia area and will load free. I traded a cheap vertical for it to keep it from the scrap yard and never put it into use. Someone did a pretty good conversion except we had to make a motor pulley with the proper crown to it. We pulled it completely down (except the gear train) and cleaned and painted it. The machine is in fair shape except that the table slots are pretty rough. It's not going to the scrap yard no matter what. Walter

Yea, I saw that 2H in Fall River the first time it was on Ebay, but they lost the overarms. I suppose I could buy it and use my overarms, but then my machine would be homeless as I am out of space. If it were not for this reason it would be in my shop right now.

Jhead, your mill looks exaclty like mine. Yours looks to be in very nice shape now. Did you repaint it? Mine was made in 1944, and was on a navy ship, it has a very small USN stamp under the serial number. I was very lucky to buy mine with the vertical head and the gear drive for it. It also came with two spindles and the overarm support. The only problem with the spindles is that the small shaft on the end that fits the overarm support is too small (or the bushing in the overarm is too big). Otherwise it all works like a charm, and it is a pleasure to use. I don't see the stops for the main table on yours? Do you have them? Mine had two lefts bolted onto the vertical keyway. I found a place in California that sells parts, but I havn't purchased any yet.
IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

Back