What's new
What's new

CNC Torch/Plasma Operator + Programmer

Walter A

Titanium
I own a small, 25 person Fabrication and Machine Shop in Hampton, Virginia. I am looking for an experienced operator/programmer for our CNC torch/Plasma machine. 95% of the cutting is Carbon steel. Under 5/8" we use Plasma and above we use Oxy/Propane fuel. Our machine is a Koike gantry machine. We use C-Cut for programing. We are capable of up to 12" thick but almost never go over 4" thick.

Our product is mostly machine quality weldments that we either machine in-house or sub out local. The quality of the cutting has to be a step up from the typical steel service center work. We would prefer to hire someone who can handle two dimensional programing but will consider just a very good machine torch operator. Reading drawings is needed.

This is a day shift job, 7-4pm with a 1 hour lunch break. The pay is $12.00 to $15.00/h start. We evaluate after 60 days and I will make a very good bump up in pay for someone who makes me money. We have a modest benefit package that improves with time. Sometimes OT is needed but not often.

As a part of the job the operator is expected to make sure the incoming plate steel is checked and put away properly. In addition the finished parts are to be checked by the operator after the cleaning department is done with them. All our cut parts are cleaned before using or selling. The bottom line is that the operator is responsible for the plate stock from raw incoming to cut and cleaned.

We have shop helpers, cranes and forklifts to handle & help move/load stack the material. We also have a cleaning department to clean the cut material. Still I want the operator to be able to lift 100lb.

Also you need to be able to communicate in English. Pass a drug test before employment and be able to get to work every day. We are a small shop and need every employee.

Click my login name to access our web site. If you are interested please contact me with a reply to this post. I will be checking it a few times each day.

Thanks,
Walter A.

Last edited:

Back