What's new
What's new

Preventing Machine Stopping on Error

Mohawk72

Aluminum
I have a new Haas VF-5 that has stopped "IN Cut" a few times due to the programmable Coolant Nozzle having a problem and alarming out.

Now the other coolant lines are working fine and I was Thread Milling multiple parts when the alarm pops up. I think it was Alarm 196. Anyway it has to do with the programmable nozzel not moving to the programmed position.

I believe there must be a spot in the control to turn OFF the machine stopping for alarms that won't affect the part or machine.

Maintenance has fixed the programmable Nozzle now, but I lost numerous parts on an off shift because the operator didn't get the thread mill off the part before retracting and we lost the thread mill blades also.

Does anybody know what parameter or register I can change to stop this from happening?

Thanks

Mohawk

Huh.. I don't think you can tell the control to ignore error codes.
OTOH if all you problem is related to the coolant nozzle, can you just put all the tools to position 0?
The nozzle should not be moving at all by the program. You can set it manually before to where you want it but the program will not try to move it automatically by the toolcall.

No, you can't tell the machine to ignore alarms! The programmable coolant nozzle should be finished with moving long before a X or Y move occurs. Also you can hit reset to clear an alarm....this also stops everything....but then carefully jog away in X or Y..then jog Z up and away. Dragging the thread mill out of the cut...man that gets expensive.
Carl

What I wanted was to ignore all but critical Alarms.

What I found was this.

Setting 7 enables or disables the parameter write function

Parameter 57, 5th item from the bottom left side is the coolant spigot enable / Disable

The VF7 had the same problem earlier this year where the spigot failed to move to the programmed position and caused an alarm. Removing the spigot this way takes it completely out of the machine. When the service guy showed up to replace it, he turned it on again.

Also SeymourDumore,
The programmable nozzle does move according to the length of the tool.
It is not part of the program but set by the setup man when he puts the tool in. So when the program calls for a tool change, THe nozzle moves to the set position of the new tool.

Strange thing about this alarm as the tool was on the second part and in cut when it finally alarmed out and stopped.

Good thinking about setting the nozzle to ZERO.

But when it works it works great but this has happened to two of our Haas mills now.

Just thought there would be a setting to disable that part for alarm status.

Thanks Guys,

Mohawk

Mohawk

That's what I mean about the setting of 0. In that case the control ignores the nozzle completely and will not try to position it in any way.
You can manually set it to whatever you need and then leave it alone.
Of course it doesn't fix the spigot, but will get you by.

Hi all,

Does anybody have a Haas P-Cool that has worked correctly from day one? I know of half a dozen Haas VF machined that have P-Cool that have had problems. I personally have replaced every electrical part in the p-cool unit only have it alarms out 10 days later. I am just about to try my hand at building my own with a PLC and a servo gearmotor. Has any body taken the time to figure out exactly how these interface with the control?

Back