What's new
What's new

B&S Global CMMs

Airborne

Stainless
We're looking to get a fairly large CMM. The B&S Global Classic in 35.4" x 59.1" capacity fits our budget (around $80K). Pretty bare bones...

Any comments on these machines? Cost effective to upgrade in the future (probes, temperature compensation, etc.)?

FWIW, here is the email address of a dimensional quality engineer in Greenville, SC who uses a B&S Global- [email protected] I don't know him and he doesn't know me, but he sounds like a helpful sort judging from his responses on another forum. Plus you know us SC-inians are pretty laid back anyway ;)

You also need to take into account 'cost of ownership' when purchasing a CMM, which include SMAs (Software Maintenance Agreements), calibration, etc...These SMAs have become a large revenue source for OEMs so make sure you factor this in. This will allow you to stay current. Make sure if you miss a year you do not have to make it up when repurchasing the SMA.

Just some things to keep in mind.

Mark Boucher

Is there a reason you've got you eye focused on B&S? I only have B&S to work with and only PCDMIS (pissydemon). Think about the learning curve that you'll face if you don't already have a pissydemon programmer- If you
do have one- fine, but this software is not user friendly like some others may be. Think---about---it!

MJB

Back