What's new
What's new

Digital 232 output

Toms Wheels

Titanium
I have a couple of Mitoyuo calipers. They have output jacks for readings, and want $125 for the connector cable. Being a thrifty kind of guy, I figured that it should be some standard plug setup. Has anyone used the output cable from one of these. Did you buy the Mit cable or find another component that worked.

Standard scam #101

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately, some manufacturers use proprietary connects on their equipment just so you have to buy their cables.

Nothin' we can do about it.

You're right. $115 for a serial cable is ridiculous, about ten times what it should be.

- Leigh

Tom,
I might be able to find one in a pile of extra/obsolete gage parts next week. What's on the other end of the cable? Do you have the digimatic data storage device? -Mike

Is that $125 for just the cable or for the cable with the gage interface electronics included in it. Mitutoyo calipers don't output RS-232 serial unless there is something newer than what I've seen.
Bob

Try this one:
20081111194713301.jpg

Tom, Which cable end do you need for the caliper? I have several different kinds. I looked at an old digital depth gage in the cabinet and the plug configuration on it has 3 pins over 2 pins inside a rectangle with 45's on two corners. None of our calipers have digital outputs anymore. The opposite end of the cable has a rectangular plug with 5 over 5 pins. The cable I've just described is Mit part no. 937243. -Mike

Back