What's new
What's new

Microvideo electronic troubleshooter

JHOLLAND1

Titanium
Here is slick system for looking and recording video of pc boards, etc. The camera is an intraoral japanese build powered by 4 3-A batteries. CCD element. Most importantly-illuminated by 4 leds surrounding pinhole lens. Fixed focal length of about 8mm. The unit is portable and connects to any video display with rca connector. I used heat gun and placed bend of ~80 deg. This cracked traces on pc board which i repaired.
Cost: camera $49.00
dremel stand as stage $30.00
video capture board for pc $40.00

the video shows camera and underside of hard drive. This camera has a very nicely ground glass lens which fell out during my repair. Before that the image quality was much better.

http://albums.phanfare.com/3707971/3363526#imageID=59957443

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjpXPC1LlF8

1. Your image link doesn't work unless one signs up for the service
2. The image quality on the YouTube is pretty abysmal compared to a proper system (and yes I clicked "watch in high quality") I bought a color video "toy" microscope for 40 bucks from Sharper Image bankrupcy that is slightly better but still not very satisfying once you've seen the razor sharp and perfect color saturated images from a really good video microscope or PCB inspection system. "once the boys have see gay Paris, you can't keep 'em down on the farm... " ;)

Sorry to hear about the "membership" requirements for the photohost. When this happens there is usually some sort of agenda- so its bye-bye for these folks.
Glad you concur with the poor image quality on video. Your gadget from Sharper Image may well be, well, sharper. But is it approved by American Dental Association to examine molars?

I hadn't really used my Sharper Image toy much so I experimented with it some more yesterday... I didn't realize but it has built in still and video capability... a little button on top to capture images.... haven't figured the software out yet but that could come in handy to show close up images here on PM when I'm involved in my next "what's wrong with this PCB?" mystery.

You ready to ship me that Miller 450 yet ? ;)

Wow...that is interesting. I propose JH buys one and gets back to us with his review ASAP ! :)

Re zoom out, I'd be inclined to pay 50 bucks more for the "d" version....

c846_12_sb.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/0005-camera-CNC...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Say M the Maxtron is yours if you want it. My Alaska buyer was a no show at Seatac.
The cnc cam looks interesting. I seem to remamber a connection with someone in Lake Oswego. I will look into it.

jh

CNCam imaging gadget

Thanks Mud for this find. I spoke with owner/inventor today. Mail order only with custom engineering apps available.
This device has low pixal density ccd and consequently not so good image defination. Its prime purpose is providing grid much like optical comparator off which angle, distance, radius, squareness , etc calculations may be made. It is not built to withstand environment inside working machining center. Special order is for this obtainable.
My near term need is imaging system for 8 axis walter tool grinder which is just about ready. Lots of videos out there showing ANCA, walter, Ewag, etc grinders working an endmill behind lexan and subject to 3 gallon/min flood coolant. My goal is to provide close up slow motion views of diamond wheel forming faceing, fluting, radiusing, relieving, gashing carbide endmills. I do not think this has been done. My new control, BiFi-EMC will permit any combination of 8 axes to move at one time-all without computer or software. It is working great now on Walter.

Back