What's new
What's new

copying

knell

Plastic
let's say I compose a long post with pics, etc. and want to copy it to another forum category, without having to retype , etc. i'm just basically lazy and can't type very fast.
thanx

I'll suppose you are asking a question.:)

Ever hear of copy and paste? It something you can do with your mouse and keyboard, typing nothing. Get someone to show you how its done. Takes about five minutes to add this skill if you lack it. Presupposes you have typed up something to copy.

John Oder

(1) Use mouse and hold down the left button and drag it over what you want to copy
(2) Hold CTRL key down and hit the 'C' key (that gives you the copy part)
(3) move your cursor where you want to copy it to (could be just about anywhere)
(4) hold down the CTRL key and hit the 'V' key (thats the paste key)
(5) job done

There are other variations too.
CTRL and X means cut(it out from where it is)
You can then 'paste' is somewhere else (CTRL V)

There are some free and real cheap add on tools that will keep these 'clipped' items for you (in a list) and also allow multiple 'clips' with one 'paste'

As it is (at least with windows XP and earlier) you can have only one 'clip' at a time' The subsequent 'clip' will replace the previous one.

I 'clip' a lot when doing bigger replies in forums. Too often the stupid forum/software/connection has some kind of glitch where it loses what you typed when you try to save it. If you have 'clipped' it you still have it in the machines buffer and can get it back again by just doing the 'paste' part (CTRL V)

Back