What's new
What's new

Vision Systems on an older Fanuc Robot

Stuart Caruk

Stainless
I'm interested in experimenting with vision features on some older Fanuc robots. I have a couple LRmates or a 420iF with RJ2 controls. Is there an affordable aftermarket vision system that can be implemented through these controls, or do I need to give it up and move to a newer control designed to accept vision from the getgo.

Here's the gist of what I'd like to be able to accomplish.

I'd like to be able to simply verify the orientation of a part in 2 D, and adjust the end effector postion to match the object automatically.

I'd like to be able to verify the presence (or absense) of a part on a table.

I'd like to be able to observe the location of a part on a table and have the robot shift it's postion so it can pick it up.

I'd like to be able to do all the above on the fly using seam tracking, or orient with and pick up an object while it travels down a belt.

Any advice, suggestions, books, videos, etc where I can learn more about what's required would be most welcomed.

Thanks,

Stu

Hi BGrey and welcome to the forum.

I picked up a link to your blog from D. Dechow's site a while ago.
You do a great job and I check in once a week or so.

For those that have never seen it this blog is an excellent place to see what's going on in the field of machine vision. Clean and no bias.
Kinda technical but this guy knows what he is talking about. Highly recommended.
Bob Hem

Back