What's new
What's new

Haas progarm editting question.

TimH

Hot Rolled
If I use the edit feature select text. I scroll down put the selected text in another part of program. Now, I don't paste it to clip board. I just select it use the down arrow key to move to where I want to put the slected text then hit write. How do I get out of the paste mode. The only way I can see is to hit reset. When I do that the machine goes to the beginning of the program. What am I doing wrong

If I use the edit feature select text. I scroll down put the selected text in another part of program. Now, I don't paste it to clip board. I just select it use the down arrow key to move to where I want to put the slected text then hit write. How do I get out of the paste mode. The only way I can see is to hit reset. When I do that the machine goes to the beginning of the program. What am I doing wrong

After I move or copy the text, I hit Mem then right back to edit if I want to check the program. The cursor will stay at the top of the edited text.

So you are having trouble with the Haas "easiest on the planet" control. Well, misery loves company. Although it is not very complicated, it is very awkward and some might call it just plain weird and confusing. Apparently, in an effort to utilize existing controls screens and button arrangements in the field, they made some buttons do things you would not expect. So here are some tips from someone a bit new at CNC and the Haas control.

To copy from one program to another, with one program on the left side of the screen in EDIT, enter the program number, (O12345) and hit F4. This will show the O12345 program on the right side of the edit screen. Use EDIT button to switch between the two.

To copy or move, put the cursor on the line to copy and press F2 twice to select that entire line. If more that one line is needed, press F2 once, scroll down to the last block needed, and press F2 again. Then with the blocks selected, move the cursor to where those blocks are to be transferred or copied. Remember, if you want blocks from the other side of the screen, use EDIT to move to the other program. With the cursor on the line above where you want it, hit INSERT to paste it or ALTER to cut and paste it. DELETE deletes it and UNDO removes the selection.

To copy within a program do the same inside the one program on the edit screen.

Oh, UNDO also puts something back if it is inadvertently deleted, and also un-selects selected text. Very confusing.

What is needed, and I can only assume is in the works, is to get rid of the big RPM load indicator, and other useless stuff on the screen, and put information on what the hot keys are and do at that time. Such as "F2 (select)", "Alter (move)", "Insert (paste), etc.

Other notes. Get the program in Memory and hit SETTING GRAPH twice (to get to the "graph"). That will put the graphics run screen up. Then hit Green Button to run in Graphics mode. Hit F2, Zoom with Page Up and Page Down, center with the arrows, and hit ENTER. This will then lock in the zoom so when you run it again your path isn't the size of a flea.

Your software version might not have these features if it is old.

So you are having trouble with the Haas "easiest on the planet" control. Well, misery loves company. Although it is not very complicated, it is very awkward and some might call it just plain weird and confusing. Apparently, in an effort to utilize existing controls screens and button arrangements in the field, they made some buttons do things you would not expect. So here are some tips from someone a bit new at CNC and the Haas control.

To copy from one program to another, with one program on the left side of the screen in EDIT, enter the program number, (O12345) and hit F4. This will show the O12345 program on the right side of the edit screen. Use EDIT button to switch between the two.

To copy or move, put the cursor on the line to copy and press F2 twice to select that entire line. If more that one line is needed, press F2 once, scroll down to the last block needed, and press F2 again. Then with the blocks selected, move the cursor to where those blocks are to be transferred or copied. Remember, if you want blocks from the other side of the screen, use EDIT to move to the other program. With the cursor on the line above where you want it, hit INSERT to paste it or ALTER to cut and paste it. DELETE deletes it and UNDO removes the selection.

To copy within a program do the same inside the one program on the edit screen.

Oh, UNDO also puts something back if it is inadvertently deleted, and also un-selects selected text. Very confusing.

What is needed, and I can only assume is in the works, is to get rid of the big RPM load indicator, and other useless stuff on the screen, and put information on what the hot keys are and do at that time. Such as "F2 (select)", "Alter (move)", "Insert (paste), etc.

Other notes. Get the program in Memory and hit SETTING GRAPH twice (to get to the "graph"). That will put the graphics run screen up. Then hit Green Button to run in Graphics mode. Hit F2, Zoom with Page Up and Page Down, center with the arrows, and hit ENTER. This will then lock in the zoom so when you run it again your path isn't the size of a flea.

Your software version might not have these features if it is old.

Well, the Haas isn't near as bad as the Fagor I use at my real job. What an awful control

Back