What's new
What's new

Remote Jog Handle Problems

doug6949

Hot Rolled
The remote jog pendant on our 2007 VF7 started coming apart - the plastic holding the hand wheel in place snapped off. So we ordered a new one.

Jeffreys sent a newer version (extra $250) because the old style with the micro switch in the holster has been discontinued.

The instructions say little more than "mount the holster and install the pendant". No mention of firmware requirements or what to do about the lack of a connector for the micro switch. The service department at Jeffreys said they had no more information than what came with the new remote.

Of course it doesn't work. After powering up the machine, the first time I lift the remote its screen will light up for two seconds and then go blank. Replace the remote, lift it again, nothing. Shut down and restart the machine, same thing.

Has anyone replaced a remote and experienced a similar problem?

Doug

As I was reaching for the phone to call the factory I got a return call from Jeffreys. The old style was not discontinued after all, nor will the newer unit replace it. They are sending me the correct part and issuing an RMA for the one I received.

Looks like it was just a glitch in the Haas parts database.

Doug

Yeah - they are 2 completely different animals. I think the new one requires some setting changes and software updates in the controller.

The new remote jog handle is pretty awesome.

Back