What's new
What's new

Quicker G54 offset

Scruffy350

Plastic
I run a newer VF2-SS and have a question about setting my Z offset. I have my tool library set to 2 inches above the table.

So, if I set up a vise, I use my 2 inch indicator on the way of the vise. Then I subtract the machine position from the tool length. And then subtract 2.0 (height indicator) from the number I come up with. That new number is then put in as my g54 Z offset for the tools to be set on the ways of my vise.

I know there has to be a better, more efficient way to do this, so any help would be appreciated.

-Nick.

I'm not sure if I understand the steps you're taking.
When the parameter " T.Offs Measure Uses Work" is off, then you just pick up your tools to a fixed block ( wherever that might be on the table ).
Just touch the tool(s) to the block and hit "Tool Offset Measur", your toolengths are now set. Do that to all your tools.
For the workoffset, pick up an indicator, touch the very same block and zero the OPER position there.
Then move over to your part top until the indicator shows 0. Read the OPER Z value and enter that in the workoffset.
Basically it should take no more than 30 secs.

Let's assume your now ready to set up the next job and all your tools remain the same, just repeat the indicator steps once again, you will not have to do anything to the tool length offsets.

Back