What's new
What's new

O/T Can this Robot be real or is it a scam?

Don't know if it is a real robot or not, what ever it is it was extremely well done. I can see the mechanical end of it but the quick banter and sense of humor is a bit hard to believe.:codger:

Fake,
Took about 10-20 seconds to see this. Many little clues.
Obviously the vocal communication is human. The visual recognition is way past anything done now. Then there is the walking gait and balance.

I built pool playing and ping-pong robots in the late 90's.
A lot of what it does could be done now if you had the cash but the mechanical layout is all wrong.
Some of the Darpa stuff my old friends do is way cool but you are not going to see this on the internet.

First warning, if it walks well on two legs and is "human sized" it is most likely fake. Bi-pedal locomotion is a bitch to solve and you don't put the gravity C/L this high.

Once you try to build these things you realize just how magnificent the human brain is.
Even with all the nifty tech stuff we have we are hard pressed to built a robot with the capabilities and intelligence of a small insect.

When Eliza first came out many of us where convinced that we could do human like responses.
I remember telling a co-worker "If I just had 6 meg of memory, I could do real AI stuff".
Ah, the exuberance of youth and the influence of fictional books and movies. It seemed so simple at the time.

Bob

Cmailco,
Running is easier them walking.
Stopping and leaning back and forth doing a task is way harder.

Now run across uneven unknown terrain, up and down slopes, jump a few logs and rocks, then I'm impressed.

Keep bouncing and it's like the early pogo-stick robots. Not much harder than the balancing a broomstick on your hand which is an easy fuzzy logic project.
Bob

Cmailco,
Running is easier them walking.
Stopping and leaning back and forth doing a task is way harder.

First part of the video displays some pushing and compensating.

Now run across uneven unknown terrain, up and down slopes, jump a few logs and rocks, then I'm impressed.

Keep bouncing and it's like the early pogo-stick robots. Not much harder than the balancing a broomstick on your hand which is an easy fuzzy logic project.
Bob

Not here to make an argument one way or the other Bob. Just thought it was a cool video. :confused:

Back