What's new
What's new

CNC Machinist Student in Little Rock

Beecher

Plastic
Hello eveyone. this is my first post, my apologies if it belongs elsewhere.

Right now I am two semesters away from being done with the CNC program at Pulaski Tech here in Little Rock. I am doing all the classwork first, and starting in august will be in the shop full time. I am extremely excited about it.

I wanted to post here not necessarily to look for employment, but to get some input from you guys about the best way to start in the machining industry, and possibly link up with any other members that may be in my region.

any first hand experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated. also just for the record, I am 34 years old, and have a heavily technical computer oriented background, I am also a network engineering major specializing in information security.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to soaking up as much industry information as I can from this site.

Have a good one out there.

There used to be a members list that showed everyone's location, but I can't find it anymore, maybe PM a mod and ask them. I went through Little Rock 3 times while moving cross country. I thought it would be a lot larger with more industry than in had. The shocker on the last trip through was finding out Arkansas has dry counties (no alcohol) after driving over 1,000 miles in a day and wanting to drink a six pack and watch Sunday Night Football in my room.

Back