What's new
What's new

Suggestions for keywords to find old woodworking posts on PM and move here ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Done about half the 42 pages of posts containing the word "woodworking" that actually concern the topic (which is usually only 2 to 4 of the posts on a page...time consuming to separate the wheat from the chaff) in General Forum. Moved most for "tablesaw" already. Problematic for "bandsaw" "shaper" and "planer" as they have their metalwork versions. "jointer" doesn't yield much. Any other ideas for keywords to investigate ?

...and PM was probably not all that richly endowed with sawdusty critters when you started.

Funny thing is Milacron started as a long time high end woodwhacker; the formation of PM coalesced around acrimony and censoring including me on the chaski site, and a number of the early recruits were originally serious woodworkers. I was still 'net leery enough that I avoided "registering" until my member # dropped to about 150 or maybe it was 250, but woodworkers were in the fore of the earliest back channel discussion and formation of the site, perhaps ironically?

Of course most of us were more interested in the machining aspects, but appreciated the genial tolerant inclusive world view of the founder and the option to occasionally get a woodworking fix as well. Over the years I posted elements of a number of projects (Strathmore Music Hall, Sligo Creek 7th Day Adventist Church, possibly National Archives, and peripherally the EEOB, but my photo hosting site keeps moving, so all the links are broken.

Hard to improve on your (Bill) suggestions for key words, though.

SCM, SCMI, and Martin ought to yield a few leads, too.

smt

Dado, radial saw, scroll saw, jig saw, circular saw, rip saw, hand saw, saw mill, drum sander, stroke sander, dust collector, molding, lap joint, laminate, glue, lumber, nail, auger, spade bit, forstner, chisel, bar clamp, carve, hew, rasp, draw knife, adz, skew, ax.

~TW~

I put "I made" on the end of all my picture postings,along with my name. It makes it easier to do a search. Don't know about others,though.

Back