What's new
What's new

few genos lathe questions e250/e400

csarv

Plastic
First to start off I have ran into a job where I think after playing around some implementing okumas hssc spindle control is going to be neccesary, when programming this what kind of parameters do you guys use for your three options on it?

The part has a 5.625" bore with a +-.00025 tolerance over 11 inches. I'm using a 2 inch boring bar with a cnmg insert. So you usually quickly oscillate the spindle or more of a slow up and down? Do you dwell at your low and high rpm or try to always keep it moving?

Now for the igf on the these 2 lathes, I was curious if it's possible to change the angle at which a c-chf chamfers at? Obviously standard is 45 degrees. I usually just do the math and do a taper but for the upcoming youngins I was hoping to be able to adjust this through maybe the parameters in the igf?

Thanks (sorry for the long read)

The part has a 5.625" bore with a +-.00025 tolerance over 11 inches. Whats the material ? I do a ton of large and small close tolerance turning. I got nothing on this as you just need to go slow and yes keep moving. I would program it smaller and play with the finish depth of cut and size until I had something that was giving me a vibration free chatter free finish to the programed size. The depth of your finish pass will make a big difference in the final quality of your bore.I hope you have lots of extra parts. How are you going to check it ? I program everything in Master/Cam. Creeping up on a bore like this can be time consuming and frustrating. How old is the machine ? What type of construction ? Has it been abused or hit in the past ? Is your turret on center ? I would expect a taper in the bore depending on these and other factors. You will need to gage the part accurately while in the machine. I just went through this a month ago and it took me the better part of a day to get two parts off. The job was a loser and reminded me to pay closer attention while quoting large packages of work.

Good luck

Ron

First to start off I have ran into a job where I think after playing around some implementing okumas hssc spindle control is going to be neccesary, when programming this what kind of parameters do you guys use for your three options on it?

The part has a 5.625" bore with a +-.00025 tolerance over 11 inches. I'm using a 2 inch boring bar with a cnmg insert. So you usually quickly oscillate the spindle or more of a slow up and down? Do you dwell at your low and high rpm or try to always keep it moving?

Now for the igf on the these 2 lathes, I was curious if it's possible to change the angle at which a c-chf chamfers at? Obviously standard is 45 degrees. I usually just do the math and do a taper but for the upcoming youngins I was hoping to be able to adjust this through maybe the parameters in the igf?

Thanks (sorry for the long read)

We don't have the hssc, so we use the macro that's out there on the interwebs.
Keep the spindle speed moving.. period.
As for the angle, yes I'm 99.99% sure you can't change that.

Got a link for that macro?
Totally ignorant here

The macro is for the P200 control, and can be used for the P300 also I think.

Here is the code, it is verbatum of what I found on the internet so I don't know who to credit with writing it:

Code:
M695: Spindle speed variation ON
M694: Spindle speed variation OFF

Parameter word No. 114 Amplitude (0 to 100 % 0f variation)
Parameter word No. 115 Cycle (0 to 255 tenths of a second)
Parameter word No. 116 Interval timer (0 to 255 tenths of a second)

The manual is a tad vague on the following point. "The following system variables are added to allow the reading and writing of the above parameter data."

VFLTQ: Spindle speed variation amplitude (Q)
VFLTP: Spindle speed variation cycle (P)
VFLTR: Interval timer (R)

I'm not sure if it means they need added; it also says that the parameters are added.
I haven't tried anything at the machine yet to see the results, but the parameters default to zero, so M695 would have no effect without changing the parameters.

(HSSC Program Example)
G50S2000
VFLTQ=10 
VFLTP=10.5
VFLTR=.5
G0X20Z15
G97 S1000 M3 M42 X2.Z.1 T010101 
M695 (HSSC On)
G1Z-3.F.01
G0X3.
M694 (HSSC Off)
G0X20Z15
M30

For Testing Parameters USE values similar to these:

Q=20
P=2
R=0

You can either set the variables as listed, or modify the "WORD" values in #114,115,116.
Or both for all I care.
Setting the words means you don't have to type them in to your program, it will speed up and slow down the spindle to eliminate chatter, based on the amplitudes and durations you set.
The before-mentioned example should work just fine, but, i found on my P300L that I was able to run HSSC in G96, CSS mode. The manual dictates that as a limitation. 
Mind the variables, but it looked like this:

M695
G97S=[[1000*V164]/[3.82*V164]]M3
Z25.4
X=V45-5
G96S=V164 M3
/M101
Z=[-V41]+5
BBA=TAN[V47]*V48
VLMON[9]=1
G1Z=-V41F=V167+.07
X=V40-[V42*2]
X=V40-[V42*2]+4Z=-V41+2
VLMON[9]=0
M694

and the speed would follow the diameter. Worked pretty well, but on a P200, I'm not sure, as I don't have any controls that old to work on at this time to test it.
As far as Mac-Navi, it's awfully nice, but relies on the operator a bit, and if you don't have that level of skill in your shop, you could better spend the money elsewhere IMHO.

You can either use the system variables (VFLTQ, VFLTP, VFLTR) to set the necessary parameters. Or in Parameters under Optional Parameters, you can set the 3 parameters manually from there. You don't need to set both. If you set the parameters in either Option Parameters or Word Parameters, you don't need the system variables in your program. The system variables allow your program to change these values so that they will be automatically set next time you run the program, or you can use different values within the same program. See the picture below.

HSSC.jpg

Below is my sample program I use for showing how HSSC works.

G0 X100
G50 S300
VFLTQ=10 (SPINDLE SPEED AMPLITUDE %)
VFLTP=15 (CYCLE LENGTH .1 sec)
VFLTR=2 (INTERVAL TIMER .1 sec)
T010101
G0 G91 X-2. Z0.
G97 S150 M3
M695 (SSV ON)
G1 G91 Z-3. F.03
G91 G0 Z3.
M694 (SSV OFF)