What's new
What's new

Clark engine removal

snowman

Diamond
CGP40 is model. It has a v6 vortec engine in it. We have a bad flywheel...and I figure as long as I'm pulling the engine I might as well do the water pump and a general tuneup.

Anybody done it? Wondering how much I'm in for.

A lot. When you build a forklift, you basically take an engine and put 12,000 lbs around it.

That's a bigger machine, so you might be able to get the motor out without removing the counterweight. I'm not sure.

The Toyotas with the Vortec v6 looks like it will come right out once the engine cover is removed. Just found a picture of the Clark engine compartment does not look too bad.

I'm not yet sure...have to talk to our mechanic and see what he says. It looks like there is plenty of room, but with forklifts, looks can be deceiving.

All I really need to be able to do is slide it back enough to get the flywheel bolts off, and it appears there's enough room in there for that.

Just be wary on the flexplate bolts, in my opinion they deserve just as much care as the internal fasteners of the engine. I also use red loctite on the ones I put in...permanent enough for service, but easily removed by warming them when needed. This isn't a race engine of course but at the same time you don't want to have to service it very often.

Back