What's new
What's new

8 Ton American Crane & Hoist Bridge Crane Photo Album

Anyone wan't to 'splain why this has 8 leads?

If I was to hafta guess - I would think possibly to put each lead in dbl jeopardy for smooth action?

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Last edited:
Dshulbert, Thanks for the pics, I never get tired of cranes, in fact I like them so much that I built 6 of them for my shop, every bay has 2 bridge cranes, unfortunately they are only 2 ton each so for big loads I put the 2 together with a spreader bar to get a 8,000 lb lift capacity.

I thought this crane had some interesting and simple design aspects that I had not seen before, such as the traction tires for bridge and trolley movement. Maybe this was more common in these older bridge cranes. Thought some of the forum members that had actually built their own cranes or were contemplating doing so might find these photos useful. This crane was not really needed for anything we do in this bldg. so not worth the expense in maintaining it, unfortunately. Plus it would have to be upgraded with an upper safety limit switch in addition to the upper limit switch it already has according to safety.
The credit for the photos goes to the Co. photographer whom I roped into taking when he was in the area, something I'd been wanting to do for a long time.

Back