What's new
What's new

Read NC Parameters in nc program

Stephan Spears

Aluminum
Hi all

In FANUC, we can use G10 in our program to read/write system parameters(NC Parameters in OKUMA). Does OKUMA have the same function? Or is it possible to change NC Parameters in NC programs?

Thanks in advance

Steph

Steph,

This depends. There is not a command exactly like G10 in the Okuma, but there are some system variables that can READ or READ/WRITE some parameters. What are you trying to accomplish?

Steph,

This depends. There is not a command exactly like G10 in the Okuma, but there are some system variables that can READ or READ/WRITE some parameters. What are you trying to accomplish?

I see all these NC optional parameters in the manual and couldn't find a way to read/write it.

I'm tryinging to control the sub program to show/not show the current block. Can you give me some examples of how a system variable can read/write a NC optional parameter?

Okuma variables are very powerful,but also very confusing if you don't have an example in front of you.
If it were me, I would call their application support and ask them how to do it.

There is the VOPRB variable to change parameters. Examples if this would be:

VOPRB[2]=VOPRB[2] OR 128 (Changes Optional Bit Par. 2 Bit 7 to 1 - disable math buffering)
VOPRB[2]=VOPRB[2] EOR 128 (Changes Optional Bit Par. 2 Bit 7 to 0 - enable math buffering)

VOPRB[6] = 32 (Changes Optional Bit Par. 6 to 00100000 - Bit 5 ON only)

For what I think you are trying to achieve, you would use the following:

VOPRB[4]=VOPRB[4] OR 16 (Change Optional Bit Par. 4 Bit 4 to 1 - Do not show LIB and SSB programs in Auto).

Hope that helps.

Back