What's new
What's new

Eliminate "3 in 1" and "Tabletop CNC" machine forums ?

• Thread starter Admin5
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1,384
A

Admin5

Very little action there. Would incorporate all the posts into General so nothing would be lost. What say ye ? Any other forum ideas or suggestions welcome also.

As one of the few people that posted in the 3 in 1 forum I would kind of hate to see it go but then if the action is nil then there is no use in having it.
Capt Ron

The lack of "3 in 1" action is a curiosity, as, before I knew any better I briefly considered the possibility of a Shop Task 3 in 1 machine. The Shop Task owner told me of a web forum devoted to the machine, so I checked it out and found quite a contingent chattering away about their machines. But further investigation revealed that the site was actually owned by Shop Task and that any negative posts mysterisly dissappeared within a day or two. So, one would think the Shop Task owners would be tickeled pink to be able to talk somewhere like here without fear of censorship. But perhaps they feel compelled to stick with an "Official Shop Task" forum ??

As a newbie, I'm not sure that my opinion is all that valid, but it would seem that if a board has no (or too few) takers, its bandwidth could be better devoted to the more popular topics. I think that the General and Antique rooms are the ones that will have the most traffic, but of course that may have to do with the fact that those are the topics I came here looking for!
smile.gif

If you want some alternative topics, how about a couple of other specialties within machining, since steam is a topic that is "hot" maybe that as a separate forum, or how about gunsmithing, or microscope restoration, or clock works repair, etc? I'm new enough that it is all valuable to me now, but I'm sure as my interests "mature," specific things like gunsmithing will really hold my interest best. TIA from the Frog and thanks for the "flies" of info I consume here!
tongue.gif

As another newbie here I saved the General page and forgot that there were any others here. I need to check the cnc board for sure, won't bother me if it is ALL on one board. My finger still skips the subjects I don't like the last time checked.

Back